by Chris Durst Aug, 24, 2022
Dish has posted openings for Work from Home Customer Service Reps. In this role, you would “serve as an information resource for billing, programming, and troubleshooting questions – including suggesting ways for existing customers to get the most value and enjoyment from their DISH experience.”
Currently hiring from AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NM, NJ, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV, and WY. However, this may change, so be sure to check the listings.
The pay range is $15 – $16.50/hr. Starting pay rates vary by state, as noted below.
DISH will supply your equipment.
The job comes with what looks to be broad benefits.
Here’s what the company has to say about the jobs:
DISH’s first priority is customer experience, and our agents excel at simplifying lives and helping communities get the most from their TV experience. For over 40 years we have been tuned in to the needs of customers. It’s why we’ve earned the J.D. Power accolade of being #1 in Overall Customer Service six years in a row, and #1 in overall Customer Satisfaction four years in a row.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Customer Experience Representative, you will serve as an information resource for billing, programming, and technical troubleshooting questions – including suggesting products and services to our new and existing customers so they get the most value and enjoyment from their DISH experience. You will be providing solutions to customers, from simple concerns to escalated and complex situations. If you like to solve problems and interact with people from across the country or maybe just a few towns over, this is the spot for you!
In this role, you will:
- Always have at least 2 days off in a row
- Support customers between the hours of 6 AM to 10 PM MT
- Two shift structures: 8 hour shifts 5 days a week, or 10 hour shifts 4 days a week
- Have open availability including weekends and holidays, that allows for potential schedule change every 12-15 weeks based on business needs
- Take back-to-back tech support or customer service phone calls with customers throughout the entirety of your shift
- Engage with a diverse consumer base to provide solutions for customer needs and technical issues
What’s in it for you?
- This is a Full Time, Work-From-Home position #remote
- 10% increase to your starting rate upon completing apprenticeship
- Company-provided equipment
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO and Paid Sick Time
- 401(k) Investments with Company-matched funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted DISH, Sling & Boost services
- Opportunity is our greatest benefit
- Our representatives are built to work hard and rise. We offer defined career ladders and extensive opportunity for upward mobility.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Ideal representatives have:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Six months of related customer service and troubleshooting experience and/or training
- An openness to being coachable and a desire to learn new techniques
All representatives must have:
- Ability to remain engaged on the phone throughout the entirety of your shift with minimal to no distractions
- Ability to be on camera during all video meetings
- Superb attendance
- Open availability to work between the hours of 6 AM to 10 PM MT as well as weekends and holidays
- Flexibility with schedule changes every 12-15 weeks
- Tech savviness with the ability to smoothly operate multiple windows and tabs, while simultaneously providing Best In Class Customer Experience speaking to
- customers over the phone
Where you’ll be working:
You’ll be working from home! At DISH, we understand the modern employee may need to operate fast on their feet and out of the office. Working from home allows you to perform a professional workday from the comfort of your home.
Work-at-Home Technical Requirements:
DISH will provide all equipment required to perform the role aside from home internet!
- Home Internet
- Dedicated home office workspace with:
- Stable Cable, DSL, or Fiber ISP internet connection with minimum 25 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload speed with 99% uptime and no bandwidth or data caps
- Wired ethernet between modem and PC without the use of an adapter: Wi-Fi / wireless is not supported
- Dedicated home office workspace with:
All costs to meet and maintain these requirements are the responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursed by DISH, except where required by law.
Starting Pay varies by your home location:
- Arizona $15.50
- Arizona, Phoenix $15.00
- Colorado $16.00
- Connecticut $16.50
- Florida $15.00
- Georgia $15.00
- Illinois $16.00
- Indiana $15.00
- Kansas $15.00
- Massachusetts $16.50
- Maine $15.50
- Maryland $16.00
- Michigan $15.50
- Minnesota $16.00
- Mississippi $15.00
- Missouri $15.00
- Nebraska $15.00
- New Mexico $15.00
- New Jersey, $16.50
- North Carolina $15.00
- Ohio $15.50
- Ohio, Hilliard $15.00
- Oklahoma $15.00
- South Carolina $15.00
- Pennsylvania $15.50
- Tennessee $15.00
- Texas $15.00
- Utah $15.00
- Virginia $15.50
- Wisconsin $15.50
- West Virginia $15.00
- Wyoming $15.00
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!