by Chris Durst Mar. 22, 2023
APPLY NOW – THESE JOBS FILL QUICKLY!
UnitedHealth Group has posted openings for work from home Customer Service Representatives.
Update – It looks like the company has received all the applications it needed and has deleted the listing. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page.
In this role, “Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquiries and issues from a number of sources (Provider, Member, Customer).”
Applicants should have a high school diploma or GED, and “1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer’s concerns.”
Pay is not listed for every state, but they do indicate a range of $16.00 – $31.44 per hour in the states they do mention.
Computer provided. No state hiring exclusions noted.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Our teams are helping people from around the world. We can bring out your best as you put your listening, analytical and problem solving skills to work in a setting that is geared to helping improve lives and enhance health care for millions. Here, you’ll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service, Billing, Claims, Enrollment & Eligibility and across our global economy. Join us and find out why this is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7am – 7pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquiries and issues from a number of sources (Provider, Member, Customer)
- Research complex issues using multiple UMR proprietary applications and databases and work with appropriate internal support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with Supervisor to resolve escalated issues
- Help members locate providers, understand their benefit plan and answer questions related to processed claims
- Collaborate effectively with multiple internal partners to ensure issues are resolved and thoroughly communicated to providers, members, and customers in a timely manner.
- Research and dissect complex prior authorization and claim issues and take appropriate steps to resolve identified issues to avoid repeat calls, escalations, and provider dissatisfaction.
- Ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate processes and procedures to adjudicate complex claims (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/certificates)
- Strong multitasking to effectively and efficiently navigate more than XX systems to extract necessary information to resolve and
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: quality, productivity, member satisfaction and attendance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer’s concerns
- 2+ years customer service OR experience in the healthcare industry
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Verbal/Written Communication
- Active Listening
- Conflict Resolution
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Effective time and resource management
- Disability & Diversity Awareness
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York, Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $31.44.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!