by Chris Durst Feb. 23, 2023
ADT, a large provider of electronic security for homes and businesses, is looking for Work from Home Customer Technical Support.
The company is hiring from AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, NE, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, Wi and WY.
In this role, you would be “responsible for all residential and small business inbound phone calls, which consists of assisting customers with alarm system questions, finding solutions for technical issues, walking the customer through troubleshooting steps, and other technical assistance.”
Starting pay rate is $13.16 – $19.74/hr., based on experience and qualifications.
The company also offers what appears to be a broad benefits package.
Here’s what the company has posted about the job:
ADT has been in the business of helping save lives since 1874. As the #1 smart home security provider in the U.S., we help protect and connect families, businesses and larger commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your business or on the go. And as times change, so do we. Above all, our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living. Looking for a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and put purpose behind your paycheck. #WeAreADT
Now hiring in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Provide specialized telephone technical support to ADT Direct, Authorized Dealer, Subcontractor personnel and end-user customers, as well as provide quality control of the account base through cut-in procedures. Utilize programming knowledge of multiple radio and alarm panel systems.
- Work in multiple ADT and vendor web applications and computer systems.
- Process requests for multiple vendor applications customized by install configuration.
- Provide real-time installation quotes to field technicians and limited technical support to customers.
- Complete data entry associated with confirmation, including confirmation of test signals.
- Confirm account status/information with field technicians and office personnel
- Enter order information into the system for technician upsells and process payments as applicable.
- Provide support to high-profile Custom Home accounts.
- Troubleshoot system functionality related to radio registrations and panel programming in response to failed confirmation requests.
- Provide support for ADHOC data cleanup projects.
- Process data changes and programming requests received via mail, fax, phone or internal ticket on
- Informix and MasterMind.
- Other projects as assigned.
High School Degree or equivalent
- Six (6) months of ADT experience in inbound telephone groups (i.e. CSG, TAS) or one to two (1-2) years of related industry experience.
- Ability to successfully pass data and provisioning assessments during training.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high degree of productivity and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to type 25 wpm
- Excellent working computer knowledge
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills a must
Pay and Benefits Disclosure:
The pay range for this role is $13.16 – $19.74 an hour, and is based on experience and qualifications. We offer employees access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, wellbeing benefits and paid time off among others. Employees accrue up to 120 hours in their first year. Your accrual rate increases after your first year. We also offer 6 paid holidays.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!