by Chris Durst Aug. 11, 2022
Cigna is a global health service and insurance company with a long history of hiring home-based employees. Currently, the company has a listing for Work from Home Customer Service Representatives.
This position pays $17-$22 per hour.
“1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems required; call center experience a PLUS.”
This is a US-based role and no state hiring exclusions are noted in the jobs posting.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Do you enjoy helping Health Care Professionals? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment? Then start your rewarding career as a part of our growing Global Health Benefits Team! Cigna is one of the largest and fastest growing health insurers in the world.
At Cigna, we invest in you. As a Customer Service Representative, you are offered extensive, paid, hands-on training and a supportive post-training environment to pave your way to success. Cigna encourages career development and offers continuing educational resources internally and externally to help you in your career advancement.
In this pivotal role, Customer Service Representatives effectively handle inquiries from customers, clients, or providers received via phone and e-mail located domestically and internationally in “real time” contact center environment.
The successful candidate will be able to interact appropriately and efficiently with health care professionals using excellent interpersonal and listening skills, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. The ability to use computer-based resources in a highly effective manner to educate and provide accurate responses to inquiries is crucial for success.
- Receive requests by mail, telephone, or in person regarding insurance claims/policies while operating on multiple computer applications. Respond to inquiries from policy holders, providers and/or others for information and assistance
- Perform research to respond to inquiries and interprets policy provisions to determine most effective response. Mail or route claim forms and supporting documentation to various units for final processing
- Independently respond to inquiries, grievances, complaints or appeals ranging from routine to moderate complexity. May seek assistance with complex customer services issues
- Ability to understand and interpret policy provisions
- Performs research to respond to inquiries and interprets policy provisions to determine most effective response using established departmental procedures, HIPAA regulations, and corporate policies.
You are the right person if you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems required; call center experience a PLUS
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; high level capacity to multitask independently and on a computer
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology a PLUS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced call center environment
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a productive member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and time-management focus
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly rate of $17 – $22, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!