by Chris Durst May 11, 2023
Transcom is now hiring work from home Home Technical Support Advisors.
Don’t let the title scare you off! While tech support experience is preferred, it’s not required and the company provides extensive training.
Hiring from the following states only: AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, NE, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV. If you don’t reside in one of these states, please consider sharing this opportunity with friends and family who do.
Pay is listed at $17.31 per hour, and the company also offers a solid benefits package.
Here’s what the company has posted about the openings:
Do you love exploring the ways technology helps you do all your favorite things?
Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards your hard work?
Do you want to improve your work / life balance and work from the comfort of your home?
What’s in it for YOU!
- $17.31 USD Starting Pay
- Plus performance-based incentives each month, earning potential
- Pay increases with continuous learning and advancement to new tiers of support
- Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
- Paid Vacation Time
- Computer Equipment Provided
- 100% REMOTE – Work-at-Home, including training
- Great Work/Life Balance while developing your career
- Position as a Transcom employee (not an independent contractor)
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
Join our Transcom Family as a Technical Support Advisor!
You’ll be the friendly voice of our Telecommunications client to support their customers with smartphones, tablets, and computers. As a Technical Support, you’ll listen to the caller and use your technical expertise, and passion for outstanding customer service, to answer questions about products and services, or troubleshoot technical issues to find solutions.
What we are looking for:
We’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you, if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment where you work remotely with coworkers and supervisors from the comfort of your home.
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule taking high-volume inbound calls from customers.
- Work at a desk and wear an approved headset for the duration of a full-time schedule in order to talk to customers in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work a full-time work week of 32-40 hours, with overtime opportunities as needed
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule
- Able to work a variety of shifts influenced by current business needs (including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance, as outlined in the assigned schedule
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 30 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multitask applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multi-task, and concentrate in a prolonged setting.
- Experience in a technical support role or troubleshooting technical issues preferred
Previous call center and/or work from home experience preferred
Must live and work in one of the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, NE, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV
Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer, monitor, and headset for this position. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings.
You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
- Your home office must have a DSL, Fiber, or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet.
- (Dial up, Wireless, Mobile Hotspot, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Your hardwired internet connection must meet the minimum speed requirements:
- Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 ms or less
Although the computer is provided if you are hired, you will need a home desktop or laptop computer that is hardwired using an Ethernet connection to complete the typing and internet speed assessments during the application. This is a requirement to be considered for this employment opportunity.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!