by Chris Durst May 22, 2023
AAA, the roadside assistance and travel company, regularly hires people to work from home.
Currently, they’ve listed a Work from Home Customer Service Rep – Emergency Roadside Service opportunity.
Pay is listed as $19/hr.
But apply or share quickly if interested – These often fill fast!
No state hiring exclusions are noted, though in the past their hiring states have been limited to CT, DC, DE, IN, KS, KY, MD, NJ, OH, OK, PA, SD, VA and WV.
AAA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Here’s what the company has to say about the job:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responds to member/customer requests for emergency road service in a call center environment.
Obtains information regarding type of service required (e.g. vehicle location, type of problem, etc.). Provides basic information regarding Emergency Road Service benefits in accordance with Customer Interaction Model. Performs geographical location spotting to determine potential service providers.
Communicates with contractors to provide information regarding member location, vehicle, type of problem, etc. and obtains estimated time of arrival. Enters data into D2000 database and documents all relevant details.
Notifies member of estimated time of arrival and name of contractor. May communicate with contractor if service not provided within specified time period and update member on status as necessary.
Recognize, promote and process membership sales opportunities.
Verifies completed status of call and closes out on system.
You can make a difference by helping our members during stressful situations. Come to the rescue by:
- Providing superior customer service during every member interaction.
- Responding to a high volume of emergency road service requests in a call center environment.
- Responding to member needs with empathy and understanding while gathering information and providing solutions to get members back on the road.
- Analyzing member accounts to determine additional products and services that benefit the member.
- Exceeding performance metrics by following our detailed call intake process and efficiently working through calls in a timely fashion.
To prepare you for this exciting opportunity, we offer:
- Full-time paid Training beginning Thursday, June 15th, 2023.
- Hours during Virtual Training Monday through Friday from 10:00 am – 6:30 pm EST/9:00am – 5:30pm CST
- Afternoon, evening, weekend shifts available after training (start and end times may shift slightly based on business needs, flexibility will be required to accommodate occasional schedule slides)
- Voluntary overtime opportunities
As a reward for your passion and commitment, we offer:
- Remote Customer Service Representative will earn $19.00 per hour with shift premium for evening periods and weekends.
- Performance based incentives
- $250 Perfect Attendance bonus after 90-days of incident free attendance
- Bi-Lingual a plus — Subsidy for bilingual skills (Must be fluent in Spanish and English)
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate Incentive Program
- Complimentary AAA membership
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee recognition program
This position will require that you have the following equipment for training and job performance:
- Desktop or laptop computer with speakers and microphone option
- High Speed Internet access with minimum speeds of 100mb
- Ability to connect to a router/modem with Ethernet cable
- Personal cell phone or home phone
- Ability to download company apps on cell phone or tablet
- Ear phones/buds or headset, preferred but not required
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate none):
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify)
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must qualify, obtain, and maintain all applicable state licenses required for selling and/or servicing Auto Club Group products
- 6 months of Customer Service Experience
- Providing customers service in a professional manner and de-escalating situations
- Accurately inputting information into various fields using a PC keyboard
- Navigating through a PC and/or automated processing system
- Reading and comprehending various Customer Care service tools (manuals, work models, etc.)
- Performing mathematical calculations including adding, subtracting, percentages, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Telephone etiquette
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to operate and navigate a laptop or PC often while using multiple applications to include the Internet, Google Maps, Email, company applications and more. Ability to toggle back and forth between applications
- North American geographical relationships
- Road condition reporting terminology
- Strong communication skills demonstrated through the effective use of the Customer Interaction Model
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written communications skills needed to respond in a professional manner to member/customer inquiries
- Effective listening skills
- Accurately enter information on a personal computer
- Identify and resolve customer service issues/requests or transfer to appropriate customer advocate
- Represent the Customer Care Department in a professional and positive manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Understand, read and reconcile payment history
- Read maps and use travel related tools (i.e., directional cues)
- College level coursework in Business, Marketing, Geography or other related field and/or applicable professional/technical certification courses.
- Call center environment – minimum 6 months
- Remote work
- Customer service environment
- Promoting ACG products and services
- Identifying and responding to customer needs through cross-selling and up-selling products
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about gigs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!