by Chris Durst Feb. 28, 2023
NOTE: These jobs fill quickly, so apply or share ASAP if interested!
Nationwide, the insurance and financial services giant, is recruiting Work at Home Member Care Representatives.
Starting pay is $21/hr. No college required, no state hiring restrictions mentioned.
The benefits package appears broad. It includes “medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off with newly hired associates receiving a minimum of 18 days paid time off each full calendar year pro-rated quarterly based on hire date, nine paid holidays, 8 hours of Lifetime paid time off, 8 hours of Unity Day paid time off, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more.”
Here’s what the company has to say about the openings:
If you’re passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then Nationwide’s Strategy and Corporate Development Office might be the place for you!
At Nationwide, formerly known as Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI), we provide medical policies for dogs, cats, birds and exotic pets. With more than 30 years in the industry, we are the oldest, largest and most experienced licensed pet insurer. We offer coverage to pet owners in all 50 states and our plans enable pets to receive service for thousands of medical conditions, routine vaccinations and routine care.
Your new career with Nationwide begins on Monday, May 1st and for the first two months, you will be in training, working Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm PST. After training, you will be assigned a permanent schedule; your shift could fall anytime during the hours of operation for the call center, which are Monday-Friday 5am-7pm PST and Saturday’s 7am-3:30pm PST. You must be available to work on Saturday’s. This is a remote role with a starting salary of $21/hour ($42,315 annually).
Nationwide pays based on a geographic-specific salary structure. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role as well as the cost of labor in the market; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. If a Sales job, Sales Incentives, based on performance goals are possible in addition to this range. The role may also be eligible for either short-term or long-term incentive plans based on business and/or position-specific results. Newly hired full-time associates receive a minimum of 18 days paid time off each full calendar year, pro-rated quarterly based on hire date. Newly hired full-time associates at higher job levels may receive additional paid time off. You will also receive 8 hours of Lifetime paid time off and 8 hours of Unity Day paid time off. The range for this role is listed below.
In Washington, the salary range for Member Care Representative 1 – Pet is $42,315 to $59,300
Job Description Summary
Do you get excited about creating memorable experiences with people and have a passion for pets? Are you interested in a fast-paced call center environment that focuses on empathy, problem solving and compassion? Do you have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to make well informed decisions while navigating multiple systems? If so, we want to hear from you!
As a Member Care Representative I, you’ll join a team of positive and passionate associates who strive to create moments that matter with each interaction. You’ll serve as a first contact for routine, inbound phone calls from customers about Nationwide Pet products.
- Provides quality member service through general understanding of member needs and timely response to inquiries. Strives for first call resolution by being prompt and thorough.
- Utilizes multiple resources simultaneously to educate members on questions related to policy information and coverage.
- Learns, understands, and incorporates medical terminology into conversations with members while reviewing medical documentation from veterinary partners.
- Identifies member concerns and provides solutions using critical thinking while balancing both the interest of the member and the interests of the company.
- Supports a collaborative, problem solving environment with peers to identify trends and provide alternatives that foster a better member experience.
- Resolves a variety of member needs according to established business procedures while working to retain policies.
- Develops strong knowledge of products, processing systems, and related regulatory requirements.
- Promotes and fosters changes with a positive and constructive outlook to assist in the growth of the Pet business.
- Meets defined service expectations including, but not limited to, schedule dependability related to attendance and call center metrics.
- Maintains detailed and accurate documentation on all member interactions. Communicates and interacts professionally with other departments and members to resolve and de-escalate issues as necessary.
- Prepares and processes correspondence to members upon request.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Reporting Relationships: Reports to Member Care Supervisor – Pet.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; some undergraduate studies preferred.
Experience: Typically, one year of work-related experience; prefer experience in the insurance and/or industry or a phone-based customer service environment.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Teams, etc. Basic technical ability that requires a solid understanding of general business practices and terminology. Knowledge of insurance, customer service concepts, medical terminology preferred. Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with a diverse pool of internal and external contacts. Ability to identify and evaluate customer inquiries and problems and determine the appropriate actions. Ability to operate personal computer and related software for business applications. Must have the ability to type 30 words per minute. Additional competencies include critical thinking, attention to detail, multi-tasking, ability to be self-managed, and organizational skills.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (Non-Exempt)
Working Conditions: Call center or virtual environment with various hours of operations. Extended periods of sitting/using personal computer and phone. Non-standard hours based on phone volume.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including: medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off with newly hired associates receiving a minimum of 18 days paid time off each full calendar year pro-rated quarterly based on hire date, nine paid holidays, 8 hours of Lifetime paid time off, 8 hours of Unity Day paid time off, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!