by Chris Durst May 17, 2023
Please Note: These roles typically fill VERY QUICKLY – don’t delay in applying or sharing!
Prudential, the big insurance company, continues to recruit work from home Customer Service Professionals.
Hiring nationwide. The salary is $39,000-$57,400/yr.
Benefits begin on the first day.
Paid training is also included.
You must provide the internet connection, but it appears that the company will be providing a computer.
The positions are full-time.
Here’s what the company has posted about the job:
The Office of Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) administers the Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance program (SGLI). SGLI offers life insurance products to active-duty service members, Veterans, and their families. Prudential has been aiding our service members since 1965.
Prudential is interviewing for the Office of Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) Customer Service Center, which handles all correspondence and phone calls to and from service members, veterans, and their families. This position is accountable for explaining benefit coverage, documenting, and investigating complaints.
Prudential has been ranked by G.I. Jobs Magazine as a “Top 100 Military Friendly Employer” and we encourage veterans to apply.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide information to policy holders, parents, spouses, and beneficiaries
- Receive, evaluate, and answer customer inquiries which are predominately routine but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures
- Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, providing information, referrals, routine transactions and/or troubleshooting
- Answer product, account, policy, and service inquiries, resolve problems, and promote products and services by responding verbally and/or in writing
- Assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services
- Handle most calls and transactions independently, escalate calls properly when appropriate
- Practical assimilation of Prudential’s Leadership Competencies
- 1-3 years of directly related customer service experience and well-developed transaction processing experience
- College degree or equivalent business/military experience preferred
- Strong people skills with an ability to think like the customer
- A passion for delivering top quality service
- Proven record of dependability, punctual and reliable attendance is critical to the success of a fast moving, inbound service center
- Ability to learn and retain a significant amount of technical information in a relatively short period of time
- Receptivity to detailed performance feedback
- Proficiency with a keyboard and window-based applications, including Internet
- Proven self-motivation skills
- Active listening skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment, as well as work well independently
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Please note: training will typically fall between the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm Eastern Time, Monday – Friday; however, the OSGLI Customer Service Center is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm Eastern Time, Monday – Friday. To be considered, candidates must have the flexibility to be able to work either of the two shifts (7:50am – 3:50pm or 9am – 5:00pm Eastern Time) within those hours. Actual shift assignments will not be determined prior to hire. Over-time may be mandatory during peak times.
The OSGLI department is located at Prudential’s office in Newark, NJ. However, this position will work virtually, therefore new hires must be able to provide the following & all new hires who work remotely will be held accountable to these standards:
- Subscribe to internet service provider plan with at least 25 Mbps download speeds. You must be willing to troubleshoot any issues or outages with your home internet service, contacting your service provider as necessary. Wired Ethernet (connected into router or Wi-Fi extender or MESH), NOT connecting computer over Wi-Fi.
- Use of USB wired headset with a noise cancellation feature (required for all CSP’s, optimal for all other roles)
- Must have the capability to handle calls with a cell phone (would need to have unlimited data and minutes) or a landline. Your personal phone number will not be identified to customers.
- Quiet area in your home with minimal distractions and noise free.
- Reliability and Dependability throughout our extensive training program is required
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $39,000.00 to $57,400.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more gigs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about gigs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!