by Chris Durst Dec. 6, 2021
Update – It looks like AAA got all the applications it needed and has deleted the job listing. Good luck to everyone who applied! For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page.
AAA, the roadside assistance company, regularly hires people to work from home.
Currently, they’ve listed openings for Work from Home Dispatch Specialists.
Hiring in CT, DE, IN, KS, KY, MD, NJ, OH, OK, PA, SD, VA, Washington D.C., and WV.
Pay is not listed, however, Glassdoor places the range at $17-$22/hour.
The position comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Paid training begins January 3, 2022.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Do you have strong problem-solving, interpersonal and computer skills, and enjoy helping others? AAA Dispatchers assist AAA Members who need roadside assistance. If you have the ability to effectively multitask, remain professional and productive under pressure and deliver exceptional customer service, we want you on the AAA Dispatch Operations team! **Opportunity to work from home but Candidates must live within our footprint**
Weekend & Holiday hours are required – 2nd and 3rd Shift Schedules available. All shifts include one weekend shift, Days off vary. The Dispatch Center is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Training requirement: Monday – Friday (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) for the first 5 weeks followed by a short “nesting” period. Work schedule to begin after training is completed. Next training class to begin January 3, 2022!
**Training is paid and computer equipment provided by AAA Club Alliance.
What AAA can offer you:
- A competitive hourly rate based on experience; paid biweekly.
- Position is eligible for an Individual Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package including nearly 4 weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with company match up to 7%, Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision Coverage, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts to highlight a few of the offerings.
What you will be doing:
- Dispatches roadside assistance requests in a timely manner to service providers using a variety of communication channels.
- Engage with AAA Members by providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Communicates to service providers the pertinent information needed to provide timely assistance to AAA Members.
- Effectively uses computer systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Prioritizes service requests based on various criteria (safety, weather, traffic, etc.) to ensure police and other emergency calls are handled within established timeframes.
- Monitors the progression of roadside assistance requests and ensures documentation is thorough and accurate.
- Participates in the resolution of service issues and member complaints.
What we need from you:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills; ability to type at least 40 words per minute, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Typing Test Required).
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!