by Chris Durst July 8, 2021
When I come across work from home jobs like this one I’m reminded of just how far the work from home movement has come! How cool is it when traditionally “hands-on” jobs can be done online? Pay is $24-$32/hr…
HomeX has posted openings for Remote Technicians in the US and Canada. If you or someone you know has experience in the roles below, this could be a fit.
They state in the job ad, “The job can be performed from anywhere in the country with the right equipment.”
The company is hiring for experienced technicians in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and appliances, as well as handymen. “Speak with homeowners via phone or video-chat and coach them through identifying, diagnosing and, when possible, solving their issue.”
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“HomeX is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
About the Job
HomeX is raising the bar when it comes to home services, making it easier for people to take care of their homes with live customer support and we need your expertise to make it happen. Our new approach to customer service combines the country’s best live voice and web chat customer solutions with the best expert technicians who can triage issues remotely. Our mission is to help homeowners solve their own problems, make our fellow contractors more efficient in the field and create new jobs for those who are unable to be out in the field.
We have locations throughout the US and Canada and serve contractors and their local homeowners across North America. We sell these services to contractors at affordable prices and employ state of the art technology to facilitate it. The job can be performed from anywhere in the country with the right equipment.
We are hiring for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, and handyman, and we are hiring for all shifts (full time, part time, evenings, weekends, etc.). $24-32 per hour, depending on experience and location. Preference for Spanish speaking technicians
What you will do:
- Speak with homeowners via phone or video-chat and coach them through identifying, diagnosing and, when possible, solving their issue.
- Educate homeowners about their home’s mechanical systems and how to best preserve them.
- Find creative solutions for customer issues.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Collect better information for our fellow contractors to send technicians out to jobs that we’re not able to solve remotely.
Who you are:
- You are customer-centric. You are patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative.
- You are a problem-solver. You are confident at troubleshooting and investigating and can walk a homeowner through the same process.
- You are tech-savvy. You feel comfortable levering technology as your primary resource in connecting with your customers.
- You are a self-starter. You always want to go the extra mile to ensure the homeowner has a good experience so that your company is the first place they call next time they have an issue.
- You can “roll with the punches.” You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere and have a strong intention to own and help define the process.
- 10+ years field experience required
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak about mechanical issues in layman’s terms
- Customer oriented with an ability to adapt and respond to different personalities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Bonus points if you speak more than one language”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs and ways to make extra cash, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!