by Chris Durst Aug. 17, 2021
Alorica is hiring Work from Home Customer Service, Sales, and Technical Support Agents in AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, ID, KS, LA, MD, MI, MS, NE, NJ, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, and WI.
The company will provide the equipment you need to perform successfully in this role, and you will receive paid training.
No mention is made of the pay rate for this role, however, Glassdoor puts it at $13+ per hour. We have not confirmed this rate with the company.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Work from home as a customer service and technical support representative, assisting callers with technical questions regarding their smartphones, home entertainment or appliances. Using your technical aptitude to identify the problem and walk the customer step by step through trouble shooting guidelines. Utilize consultative sales experience to extend product offerings to customers that are relevant to their needs, and aid in providing solutions for the customer.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Talks to customers over the phone, and identifies the technical issue they may be experiencing
- Navigates through online programs to find solutions, and notate the customer file
- Effortlessly multi-tasks by speaking with the customer, troubleshooting, and using a computer to discover and input information
- Professionally engage with customers that may be frustrated at times
- Utilize consultative sales approach to offer products relevant to the customer’s needs
- Recognize opportunities to offer additional products/services that would help address and solve issues they may be experiencing
- Work from a distraction free environment, wearing a headset for the duration of the day, and answer inbound phone calls
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment
- Calmly de-escalate calls, and walk customers through step by step troubleshooting instructions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and ability to learn new concepts in a remote learning environment
WHY JOIN ALORICA?
Every day, we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely great customer experiences. But as Alorica employees, giving back matters just as much – that’s why we’re so proud of Making Lives Better with Alorica, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing assistance to employees, their families and the people, organizations and communities who support them.
Simply put, we want to make lives better…one interaction at a time. And to do that, we need the very best people to join us.
But please, allow us to entice you further! As an Alorica employee, you may receive:
- Paid training
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunities
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
Working at Alorica means potentially having the freedom to explore all kinds of career options – from customer service, training, and tech support, to management, recruiting and more. Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities to pursue your professional goals, and we want you to have fun and succeed – because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
So what do you say? Ready to take the next step?
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior customer service experience
- Basic technical and troubleshooting skills/experience
- Computer navigation and multitasking
- Strong communication skills
- Prior consultative sales experience
Must live in one of the following states to be considered for a work at home role:
AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, ID, KS, LA, MD, MI, MS, NE, NJ, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
- Ability to use phone and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening/comprehension skills
- Ability to stay composed and objective
- Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work full time hours, and a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Experience in a technical support role preferred
- Ability to learn in a remote training environment
- Demonstrated prior consultative sales or upselling experience
Home Office Requirements:
- Dedicated home workspace, free of noise and distractions
- High Speed Internet- No satellite, dial up or wi-fi
- DSL, cable, or fiber optic broadband internet
- Ethernet Cable”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!