by Chris Durst Oct. 26, 2022
If you’re looking for a side gig and you like to help people get better, Pleio recently wrote us that they’re recruiting for their GoodStart Mentor positions.
Average pay is $14 – $18/hr., per the company in earlier listings, though some GoodStarter reviews say the average is $17 – $21/hr. A training/performance bonus is also offered.
You’d be helping patients get into a good routine with their meds, via phone using a script. No sales, no medical experience needed. Workflow may vary, so you should probably view this as side income rather than a main job.
Hiring in all states except CA, OH, ND, WA and WY.
Not a fit for everybody, but RRRebel Laura T. posted to our FB page, “I worked for them before. Basically calling people about their medicine and reading blurbs about it. Fairly easy gig. I was averaging about $1,000 a month but wasn’t pushing a whole lot. Some people did really well.” This may not be a typical experience, however, so “your mileage may vary.”
Here’s what the company has posted about the openings:
As a GoodStart Mentor, you become part of the Pleio GoodStart Family, a virtual community of customer service professionals who support each other on various levels. Whether building community in the chat rooms, having company contests, or getting together virtually for a company party, we offer something no other customer service center has… community! There are a few requirements to get started as a Pleio GoodStart Mentor.
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Not a resident of CA, OH, ND, WA, or WY
- Windows Computer
- Minimum 5 years customer service experience
- Internet Access
- Meet Telephone Requirements
- You ARE NOT a licensed or registered doctor (MD or DO), nurse (NP, RN, or LPN), pharmacist (RPh), or pharmacy technician.
GoodStart Mentor Lifestyle
- People who become GoodStart Mentors are looking for a lifestyle. This is a way to make some extra money and be fulfilled at the same time. Working with Pleio allows you to give back to the community.
- GoodStart Mentors have a private, quiet space to work from. This can be a spare bedroom, den, library, or similar room free of outside noise or distractions. Sorry, a coffee shop or your kitchen table are not private and quiet enough areas to work from.
- We encourage a balance of fun and work. We have calls at all different times of the days on Monday – Saturday. Sunday is a play day for all of us. You can make your work day as flexible as you want. Sign up for an hour of calls in the morning, come back in the evening for a few more conversations. You decide.
- Are you a workalohic? Great, sign up for a whole day of calling!
- Your reward comes on the 15th of each month in the form of a direct deposit into your bank account. Your successful conversations with patients not only yield personal fulfillment, they end up with money in your pocket.
- You are in control of your success. The majority of our GoodStart Mentors use this for some extra fun money. Though we do have a few dedicated Mentors who make this a full-time income. GoodStart Mentors are independent contractors who partner with Pleio.
- The beauty of this partnership, it allows you to be your own boss, set your own hours, and be in charge of your own destiny. Pleio provides the education and platforms to be successful.
- Pleio requires that each GoodStart Mentor has an EIN since they are independent contractors. The IRS provides EIN numbers for free. You can obtain an EIN at the IRS website.
Background and Credit Check
Pleio deals with sensitive information on a daily basis. Privacy is a number one priority for us, so the background screening for all of our GoodStart Mentors is a routine security measure. The cost of the background check is $45.00 and is at the expense of the GoodStart Mentor, prior to beginning work.
What can cause me to fail the background check? Applicants must pass both parts of the background and credit checks. Applicants with the following elements on their check will not be accepted:
Judgments and Bankruptcy:
a) Two or more open or active civil judgments/ tax liens (open/ active liens).
b) A bankruptcy within a year of this application or more than one bankruptcy.
Felony Records: Any records with dispositions of guilty, convicted, no contest, adjudication, withheld/deferred adjudication/probation before judgment (if currently under probation), pending, or outstanding warrant, or that have been negotiated down to a misdemeanor.
Misdemeanor Records: If you have 3 or more vehicular records with DUI, Reckless Driving or Hit/Run or 5 or more total misdemeanors, you will not pass. If you have any records involving theft, fraud, dishonesty, breach of trust, arson or violent crimes with dispositions of guilty, convicted, no contest, adjudication withheld/deferred adjudication/probation before judgment (if currently under probation), pending, or outstanding warrant, you will not pass.
Equipment and Techincal Requirements
You need a few simple items to work with Pleio.
- Minimum 15mbps download speed
- Minimum 3mbps upload speed
- Check your Internet Speed at http://www.speedtest.net
- Computer must be on a secure hard-wired connection to the internet in your home office
- NO wireless connections, dial-up modems, Wi-Fi, cellular hotspots, or satellite connections are accepted
- Laptop or desktop computer running Microsoft Windows 8, or Windows 10 (Macs, Netbooks, Tablets, and Smart Phones are not supported)
- 1GHz Intel P4 processor, or better
- Internet Browser – Latest version of Edge or Internet Explorer
- Minimum Ram – 4GB or higher
- Monitor must be capable of displaying 1024 x 768 pixels
- Sound card installed and equipped with speakers or headphones
- USB headset with a microphone that plugs into your computer for use during patient calls, conference calls, certification sessions, and / or company meetings
- Virus/Malware protection installed and set to update automatically with real-time scanning
- Firewall installed and active Security updates installed and set to automatically update
- PDF viewer
- Latest version of Flash player
GoodStart programs have approved scripts that will need to be printed out for use during calls.
Pleio’s GoodStart service is delivered through real, live telephone conversations. We want every conversation to be crystal clear and free of interruptions. To qualify to make calls using Pleio’s VOIP system you must meet the follow requirements:
- Minimum internet speeds of 15mbps download and 3mbps upload are required to be eligible for Pleio’s secured VoIPplatform.
- You will need a USB headset, with a microphone that plugs into your computer.
- Proof of internet speed test required at time of application. You can perform a basic speed test here: www.speedtest.net
- NO cellular phones, Skype or wireless phones of any kind may be used to make calls. Magic Jack, Vonage, or similar services are not allowed.
We believe in education and have developed GoodStartU, an online learning platform, where you can learn at your own pace. All the education you need to learn, the ins and outs of being a GoodStart Mentor are at your fingertips. You control how quickly you get through the training materials. The quicker you complete them, the sooner you will be speaking with patients and changing lives.
Additional certifications and education are offered throughout the year. Every month Pleio offers live webinar sessions with focus around best practices and keys to success.
Training is free and there are a wide variety of learning opportunities. The training to certify as a GoodStart Mentor takes between 10 – 15 hours on average. Pleio does not compensate for training, but we do offer a bonus to new mentors after meeting a minimum of calling hours and metrics.
Do you charge GoodStart Mentors to use your technology?
No. There is currently no charge to Mentors to use our systems.
How often can I apply?
You only need to apply once. We keep your application on file, for review if we have a need. Duplicate applications and submissions are not accepted.
Can Pleio terminate my contract?
Either party can cancel the contract at any time. Pleio does not guarantee any minimum call volume, and their may be times when no calls are available. Any breach in terms may cause Pleio to terminate a contract early. Pleio is not obligated to renew the Independent Contractor’s Agreement when the contract term ends.
Due to the large volume of applicants, it can take a few days for us to process your application. We appreciate your patience. We also recommend you add [email protected] to your trusted list of email messages to ensure our message does not end up in your spam folder.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For their requirements page, click here. Pay is monthly by direct deposit. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!