by Chris Durst Apr. 13, 2022
Cyberbullying, threats of violence, drug use, suicidal intentions… we’ve all seen the news stories about how badly things can go for kids when things go sour on the internet.
In this role, you can help keep students safe online. Set your own schedule, “minimum 10 hrs. per week.”
Gaggle monitors K-12 student email and other communications for content of concern to schools and parents. Gaggle hires people to work from home to do the monitoring.
No state hiring restrictions mentioned, no college required.
This is a lower-paying job (we’ve heard the pay is about $10/hr.). On the flip side, it can get cashflow going and provide the work from home experience that many hirers prefer. As always, it depends on your unique needs.
Here’s what the company says about the openings:
Gaggle is seeking Independent Contractors for temporary, non-renewing contract positions monitoring online student activity. This contract work allows you the flexibility to work within the constraints of your own schedule. The choice is yours, work when it works best for you! Gaggle Safety Management offers a 24×7 service that is used to identify and uncover drug use, bullying, threats of school violence, teen depression, suicidal intentions, and abusive domestic situations of students in grades K-12 through various forms of communication. Although you would not be an employee of Gaggle, the Independent Contractors we are looking for will work with the Gaggle Safety Team and are able to make a positive impact in the lives of K-12 students across the world.
Please make sure to follow the application instructions at the bottom that include taking the Pre-Contract Test: https://gaggle.typeform.com/to/eebmA37w. Candidates who apply without taking the Pre-Contract Test will not be considered for a contractor role with us.
- Monitor and analyze student activity to identify potentially inappropriate usage including words, phrases, statements, and images
- Quickly and efficiently process content, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Process for a minimum of 10 hours each week
- Escalate questionable findings to Safety Team Representatives for additional in-depth analysis
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Experience using various computer and web-based applications in a professional environment
- Interest and enthusiasm for reading, as the position requires focused attention to reading various lengths of content
- Ability to delineate between potentially harmful student matters and harmless situations
- Experience with tech and social media culture
- Knowledge of trends and slang used by children and teenagers to help identify potential issues
- Ability to exhibit tolerance of and respect for others’ opinions
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to work independently; experience working as an Independent Contractor preferred
- Access to high-speed internet (satellite is not acceptable)
- Access to a computer, chromebook, or laptop
- Minimum operating system: Mac: El Capitan or above, Windows 7 or above, Fedora 28 or above
- Minimum processor required: Core i3+
- Experience with Slack or other business-based chat applications is a plus
- The Independent Contractor assignment is not guaranteed for any length of time, workloads and hours will vary
- Contracts are renewed when minimum requirements of the job are met or exceeded on a weekly basis
- There is potential for contract renewal depending on workflow and personal ability to fulfill responsibilities outlined above
- This contract requires you to be able to view content of a sensitive nature including exposure to graphic content that may contain nudity
- None of the content reviewed will be stored on your personal computer
Because Gaggle strives to enter into contractual agreements with Independent Contractors who contribute to Gaggle’s mission of student safety, background checks are required for all prospective Independent Contractors – this screening includes, but is not limited to, both a National Criminal and National Sex Offender Registry check
Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the material we review, applicants who work, volunteer, or have children at a school district with Gaggle services will not be considered.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs we post, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home goals!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!