by Chris Durst Mar. 29, 2021
We found another opportunity for music lovers who have a keen ear and speedy fingers to make some money from home!
Genius is now looking for “enthusiastic and attentive music fans” to work from home as Lyrics Associates.
These are part-time roles that are open across the US. Most hours will be from Thursday through Sunday.
Pay is not listed in their job post.
Here’s what Genius has posted about this opportunity:
“Genius is searching for enthusiastic and attentive music fans to join our lyrics team as Lyrics Associates. The right candidates are skilled transcribers in their own right and equally skilled at carefully checking the work of others. They’re attentive to detail and process, and never miss a step. This team will play a key role in making Genius’ lyric library the very best, within hours and even minutes of release, reviewing our library of lyrics and helping us build new lyric products.
*Note: This is a part-time, US-based remote role, primarily Thursdays through Sundays.
As the largest global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Provide complete and accurate transcription and sync of new releases
- Review and edit community transcriptions for accuracy and completeness
- Match new release transcriptions to Apple Music database
- Collaborate with Community and Tech teams to improve overall transcription processes and capabilities, including sync
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Comfort with spreadsheets
- Active participation in the Genius Knowledge Project and Transcriber community strongly preferred but not required
- Fluency in a foreign language or regional languages, especially Jamaican patois, is a plus
- Professional transcription experience highly regarded
- Age 18+”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!