by Chris Durst July 7, 2020
Update July 8 – Looks like CenturyLink has received all the applications it needs and has deleted the job listing. (Their new text is dated “June 25,” which is apparently when they’d intended to post it.) For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page.
If you have a solid understanding of PCs and excellent customer service skills, this new posting from CentryLink (a Fortune 500 company) may be what you’re looking for.
CenturyLink is seeking Tech Support Technicians from the following 26 states: AL, AR, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL,IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NYS, OH, PA, SC,TN, TX, VA, and WV.
Pay is not mentioned in the job post, however, according to Glassdoor, “Technical Support Technician II salaries at CenturyLink can range from $18-$20.” We have not confirmed this range.
According to both Glassdoor and Indeed, the company also offers a very comprehensive benefits package.
Here’s what CenturyLink as posted about this opportunity:
“CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
“Work From Position” Available in the Following States:
AL, AR, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL,IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NYS, OH, PA, SC,TN, TX, VA, and WV
The Tech Support Technician II is responsible to answer inbound inquiries from customers and troubleshooting issues by performing activities either with direct assistance or by appropriate processes. The primary job duties involve troubleshooting and creating trouble tickets and escalate customer related issues to appropriate group for small and large CenturyLink customers.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing service support within the CenturyLink customer base.
- Excellent customer service experience and working knowledge of CenturyLink ticketing applications, specific voice and data tools and applications are essential for this position.
- Responsible for conducting effective trouble shooting and routing of repair tickets.
- Respond to both internal/external customer questions and troubleshoot problems requiring an advanced understanding of trouble shooting procedures issues via phone call, mail or email. Enter, test, update, close and cancel trouble tickets in the trouble ticket system using appropriate company procedures as well as keeping abreast of service outages and customer impacting events.
- May assist supervisors with providing refresher or initial training for Tech I employees and other duties as assigned.
- Escalate any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or person as necessary
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Ability to work a flexible in a 24/7 call center, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong PC / data entry knowledge and experience
- Excellent customer service skills”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!