by Chris Durst Sep. 1, 2021
THESE POSITIONS ALWAYS FILL QUICKLY! APPLY NOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!
Amazon JUST POSTED new openings for “Seasonal Part Time Customer Service Associate Virtual-Military Preferred.”
They are currently hiring residents of: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming..
Pay is $15 per hour except as otherwise required by law, and overtime is paid at 1.5x base rate.
COMPUTER PROVIDED. Paid training.
Here’s what Amazon has posted about this opportunity:
“This position requires a part time schedule that will have varying hours. An average of 20-29 hours will be required weekly. During peak periods or high volume, this may increase to up to 60 hours per week for short periods. The schedule could fall any day of the week across morning, afternoon, evenings and weekends.
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Earth’s most customer-centric company is seeking bright, articulate, detailed applicants with a passion to help our customers and make them smile. An Amazon Customer Service Associate (CSA) is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. We are seeking candidates who enjoy problem solving, supporting customers with issues like: late packages, damaged items, promotions, returns/refunds, and much more! The majority of time spent with customers will be via phone, but you may also be required to support email and chat. Associates use a variety of tools to navigate, research, review solutions, and communicate them effectively to a variety of customers in a fun and fast-paced company.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
What is a Part-Time position in Virtual Customer Service?
Our Virtual Customer Service is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. As a Seasonal Amazon Customer Service Part Time “PT” employee you will work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of our business and customers. Work schedules will be selected through shift bids every three weeks, which take into consideration business need and your performance. The average amount of hours scheduled per associate will be 20-29 hours per week, with expectations to work up to 60 additional hours during Peak Seasons. Available shifts will include morning, afternoon and evenings, typically including one or both weekend days. Schedules will change throughout the duration of your employment. There may be mandatory instances of additional scheduled work time, based on business needs or large-scale events. Being available to work a flexible schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected. You may also be required to work on any/all major holidays.
Associates utilize Amazon-provided desktops and headsets to manage their work, including scheduling shifts and taking customer contacts. Associates are measured on schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance. Associates are required to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, as daily work is managed via phone, email, and/or chat.
There will be four weeks of training; Monday-Friday 7am-4pm Pacific Standard Time “PST”. The entire four weeks of your training is mandatory. No time can be missed or taken off during this period. Please reschedule any prior-commitments to be outside of training hours
*Seasonal employees may remain with Amazon in a temporary capacity for up to nine months, or a shorter period of time depending on business need.
Seasonal Employees in this role also have the ability to be hired on permanently based on individual performance and business need.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00
- Overtime pay at 1.5x base rate
- Employee Discount
- Resources for Living Program
- A supportive team of leaders and peers
- Gain customer service experience and build your resume
- Time Off Options
You must NOT be a current Amazon employee. If you are an internal applicant, please reach out to your local HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
- Help a variety of Amazon customers by phone, e-mail and/or chat.
- Use tools and programs to navigate the website, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively.
- Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, e-mail, social media, and instant messenger, or chat tools.
- Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring).
- Actively problem solve and innovate on behalf of customers with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
- Follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
- Opportunity to learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed.
 Peak season includes, mid-summer and November through January. May also include Peak Times such as Prime Day, Black Friday, holidays, etc.
- You must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. Any applicants with home addresses outside of hiring states will not be considered.
- This position requires a part-time schedule that will have varying schedules. This includes a required average of 20-29 hours per week (Sunday – Saturday), up to 60 hours per week pending on business needs.
- Support a flexible working schedule every three weeks to meet business needs.
- Agree to Amazon’s Work from Home Agreement. Please watch our Work from Home Agreement (https://youtu.be/yxrpb9pKHls) video for more information.
- You must provide a home work area that is free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
- You agree that you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
- Capability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork.
- Strong typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring).
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous call center experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency.
- A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only).
- Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable. Cannot use a wireless connection.
- You will be shipped an Amazon owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.
- When applying, please be sure to verify that your mailing address in our system is an address where you can receive equipment to ensure that there are not delays in receiving your equipment. Make sure you add the apartment number (if any). PO Boxes are not supported and we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, be sure to see our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. We post new jobs and side gigs every morning except Sunday. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!