by Chris Durst May 11, 2021
VIPdesk Connect is now hiring work from home Customer Service & Technical Support Representatives who live in AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NV, NM, NJ, NC, OH, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WI.
You must have at least one year of customer service experience and 6 months of tech support experience to be considered for this role.
The compensation post-training for this position is $15.00 per hour. VIPdesk Connect offers comprehensive benefits, which may include health insurance, life & AD&D insurance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and access to other benefit programs.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“The Remote Customer Service and Technical Support Representative provides Tier 1 technical support with a friendly, human tone for a variety of consumer electronic brands with products ranging from market-leading gaming headsets to premium, professional microphones and recording products, and an award-winning lineup of portable Bluetooth speakers with 360° sound. The Technical Support Representative is responsible for problem resolution with a focus on creating customer loyalty and providing a positive customer experience and uses their passion and knowledge of the clients’ brands to ensure an authentic and personal experience that promotes brand loyalty. The Remote Customer Service and Technical Support Representative troubleshoots and resolves customer issues, taking ownership of the issues, and following through to solve problems while exercising patience and willingness to provide assistance for simple and complex inquiries with positive energy.
In addition to providing technical support, this position also provides general customer service including order placement, order tracking, warranty returns, and product advice, and answers customer questions about products, client policies, and promotions on behalf of our clients.
This role is perfect for a problem-solver with customer service experience, a love for consumer electronics, and a desire to help others. Our training will provide in-depth knowledge of the products and programs; you bring your love for technology and go-getter attitude. Excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and the desire to help others are a must.
Dynamic Communicators –With the voice of our clients, team members provide responsive, accurate, and authentic interactions. While resolving technical issues, they listen and simplify the complex, breaking down to make it understandable to those less tech savvy.
Knowledgeable –Brand Ambassadors are constantly working on improving skills. When new products are released, they enthusiastically learn how to support new features, functions, and integrations to confidently resolve customer issues. No matter what the issue, no matter how complex, they are problem solvers who welcome and lean into challenges.
Human – Brand Ambassadors know how a message is conveyed is equally important as what is said. By putting themselves in another’s shoes, they focus on the customer’s experience and connect, human-to-human.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Handle customer inquiries via all channels (phone, email, chat, SMS), providing appropriate solutions in a timely manner
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze information, provide accurate troubleshooting of product and related support; diagnose and resolve issues following best practices, guidelines, and policies
- Escalate critical support issues following appropriate policies and procedures
- Retain and conveys deep knowledge and benefits of client’s products and troubleshooting techniques to continually provide effective support
- Accurately document customer interaction details with limited errors
- Embrace the commitment to customer service and nourish brand loyalty
- Attend and training as required to obtain new and pertinent information about clients and their products and services
- Meet or exceed program metrics including quality and customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Degree or equivalent required; Associate degree or some college preferred
- 1+ years customer service experience, experience in a virtual contact center a plus
- 6 months+ experience in technical support required, 1+ years preferred
- Basic user knowledge of audio/wireless microphone systems, headsets, audio devices, and gaming systems a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Teams
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors
- Technically savvy with the ability to pick up new technology, processes, and procedures quickly
- Experience working with Zendesk (or a comparable customer service ticketing system) preferred
- Ability to adapt and respond to a diverse customer base with varying skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Due to the home-based nature of this job, the team member is required to have a secure home-office environment, internet access, USB headset, webcam, router, modem, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Able to successfully pass credit, criminal, and employment reference security checks where permissible by state and local regulation
- Currently reside in AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NV, NM, NJ, NC, OH, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WI
- New team members will attend training remotely via webcams from secure, noise-free, distraction-free home offices that meet our requirements. Training classes are held for 1.5 weeks, Monday to Friday, 11 am-5 pm ET.”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!