by Chris Durst Mar. 5, 2021
Smith.ai reached out to let us know they are looking for a “large number” of Virtual Receptionists.
Part-time and full-time available to residents of the Continental US, Mexico, and Canada.
No college required. Starting pay is a bit low, however, benefits and “periodic raises based on performance and longevity with the company” are also offered.
Here’s what the company has to say about this opportunity:
“Working at Smith.ai allows you to earn income and grow your career from the comfort and convenience of your home, all while helping small businesses thrive. Work remotely, yet closely, with a team of receptionists operating around the country to answer calls and web chats on behalf of businesses. We promote a fun and productive work environment that is challenging, varied, and highly rewarding.
We operate 24/7, nearly every day of the year, except for a few holidays. We hire for both full-time (40 hours/week) and part-time positions. For part-time positions you must be available 5 hours a day, 5 days a week (the more the better). Shifts are broken into 2- to 5-hour blocks and are scheduled based on the business needs of Smith.ai and its clients, as well as your availability.
- Answering calls and/or web chats for a variety of different businesses and professionals.
- Taking messages, screening new clients, booking appointments, collecting payments, and transferring calls
- Understanding caller needs and providing business information
- Being part of a team and contributing to continued excellence
- Great work ethic and professional demeanor
- Prior receptionist or call answering experience
- Ability to follow instructions and clearly summarize details
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Great communication skills and positive attitude
- Desktop or laptop computer with Google Chrome browser installed
- Reliable broadband internet connection. Must have a less than 50 ms ping, greater than 10 Mbps download and greater than 3 Mbps upload (tested by https://www.speedtest.net and https://networktest.twilio.com)
- Strong typing skills: at minimum 40 wpm [this appears to be an error; RRRebels report a requirement of 50 on the test] with 100% accuracy (tested by https://livechatinc.com/typing-speed-test/)
- Call answering only: a quiet environment for answering calls, plus headset with a microphone arm attached
Compensation & BENEFITS
This position offers an hourly rate. Our starting, entry-level rate is $10 per hour ($11 per hour for bilingual agents) and we pay weekly. Periodic raises are given based on performance and longevity with the company.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plans
- Cash bonuses
- Paid training
We invest in our team members and support their growth towards career advancement in both client-support and management roles as their experience grows.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!