by Chris Durst Oct. 6, 2020
Westat is recruiting At-Home Telephone Interviewers to work as data collectors for a large scale health study.
You must be able to work 15-40 hours per week and the hours include days, evenings, late evenings, and weekends.
No state hiring restrictions are listed in the post.
Pay is not listed either, but we do know that, in the past, it has been minimum wage.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“We are seeking remote at-home telephone interviewers to work as data collectors and conduct phone interviews for a large scale project about health. Interviewer pay rates will be based on locality.
Candidates must be able to work 15-40 hours per week, during the following times:
- Days (10am – 6pm),
- Evenings (6pm – 9pm ET),
- Late Evenings (9pm – 12am ET) and
- Weekends: (Sat 10am – 6 pm ET; Sun 2pm – 9pm ET).
- be 18 or older
- provide voice sample
- have strong computer skills
- Meet the following at-home equipment requirements at the time of application:
- A wired high speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic only) with a minimum of 10 mbps download and upload speeds
- Connection must be hard-wired with Ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
- Land line phone service
- (NOT PERMITED) Cell phones,Satellite internet/phone service – such as Dish Network
- (NOT PERMITED) Features (e.g. call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding etc.) must be disabled during working hours
- Long distance service is NOT required
- A corded telephone with a hands-free corded headset (cordless phones and Bluetooth headsets are not permitted).
- A reliable Windows – based (Windows 10 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
- Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
- Internet Explorer (IE) installed -most current non-beta version
- Up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be downloaded for free)
- In-home access to a printer
- A web cam with video and audio functionality that can be connected to your work computer (ability to set up a Skype account and install appropriate software for home work environment verifications)
- A quiet private and secure work space to conduct interviews (does not have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure during work hours, including training)”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!