by Chris Durst Feb. 16, 2021
Many high schools and colleges are opting for virtual graduations this year and, of course, they’d like those events to be both successful and memorable.
That’s where you come in!
VIPdesk Connect is now hiring Seasonal Customer Service Representatives (Brand Ambassadors as they are referred to within the company) to, “assist school administrators, students, and virtual graduation attendees and utilize a variety of resources and information to assist customers in a courteous and professional manner that supports and reinforces brand standards, always with a focus on providing best-in-class customer service.”
While no state exclusions are noted in this job announcement, we do know the company usually hires from the following 18 states only: AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, NY, NM, NV, OH, TN, TX, UT, VA, and WI.
Pay is not mentioned in the job post, however, we have recently seen a range of $12-$18/hour for similar positions with the company.
NOTE: Please DO NOT CALL the company unless you are invited for a phone screening. They state on their site, “While we would like to speak to everyone that has an interest in working at VIPdesk, the volume of resumes does not allow us to perform this courtesy.”
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“The Seasonal Customer Service Representative, we call Brand Ambassador, is a solution-oriented customer care professional responsible for providing an authentic, world class customer experience for our client’s customers via phone and email. As part of a diverse, engaged team, Brand Ambassadors will support our client—the leading, state-of-the-art platform for hosting virtual graduation ceremonies—and assist with the onboarding, implementation, and setup assistance for universities and high schools hosting virtual ceremonies and ensure successful execution of the personalized events.
Brand Ambassadors (Customer Service Representatives) assist school administrators, students, and virtual graduation attendees and utilize a variety of resources and information to assist customers in a courteous and professional manner that supports and reinforces brand standards, always with a focus on providing best-in-class customer service.
This position requires an empathetic, action-oriented, and flexible problem-solver to provide an elevated customer service experience. The Brand Ambassador will utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions.
What You’ll Do
- With positive energy and a can-do spirit, assist VIPdesk Connect client’s customers via phone and email
- Educate school administrators and staff about the onboarding process including tasks and timelines
- Answer questions about virtual ceremony setup, configuration, account access, submission of student data, video and images, approval of submissions, and coach through platform usage
- Assist with basic platform navigation and troubleshooting
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow through to solve problems while exercising sound judgment
Qualities of Brand Ambassadors:
Problem-Solvers – Creative thinkers who look at all perspectives with the ability to stay calm under time-sensitive deadlines. We provide the training, guidelines, and tools. You are empowered to find solutions and encouraged to share new ideas and opportunities.
Empathetic Communicators – How a message is conveyed is equally important as what is said. By putting yourself in another’s shoes, you understand the customer’s perspective and connect, human-to-human, with warmth and respect.
Eager Learners – We’re on a path of excellence and growth; that means change. Your quest to know more never ends. You love to flex your mental muscle.
Lives our Values – Helpful. Creative. Flexible. Positive Energy.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Previous remote experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Previous experience in a fast-paced call environment a plus
- Desire to learn and grow in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to adapt to new systems and processes and succeed in a changing environment
- Able to deliver consistent quality
- Open and accepting of coaching and feedback
- Able to work weekends and some holidays
- Able to work at a desk for 95% of each scheduled shift
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Teams
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors
- Technically savvy with the ability to pick up new technology, processes, and procedures quickly
- Due to the home-based nature of this job, the Brand Ambassador is required to have a home-office environment, internet access, USB headset, router, modem, webcam, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Able to successfully pass a credit, criminal, and employment reference security checks where permissible by state and local regulations”
CLICK HERE to learn more and to apply. For more work from home ideas, see our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about gigs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next work from home steps!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!