By Mike Haaren, Co-Founder, Rat Race Rebellion – Sept. 13, 2021
THESE JOBS USUALLY FILL FAST – APPLY OR SHARE QUICKLY IF INTERESTED
If you’d like to help keep students safe online, Gaggle continues to recruit p/t temporary Content Reviewers.
No state hiring restrictions mentioned, no college required.
Gaggle monitors K-12 student email and other communications for cyberbullying, threats of violence, drug use, suicidal intentions, and other content of concern to schools and parents. Gaggle hires people to work from home to do the monitoring.
Pay isn’t mentioned. However, we’ve heard from some RRRebels that it’s around $10/hr. But that’s not official.
In the company’s words —
Gaggle is seeking Independent Contractors for temporary, non-renewing contract positions monitoring online student activity. This contract work allows you the flexibility to work within the constraints of your own schedule. The choice is yours, work when it works best for you! Gaggle Safety Management offers a 24×7 service that is used to identify and uncover drug use, bullying, threats of school violence, teen depression, suicidal intentions, and abusive domestic situations of students in grades K-12 through various forms of communication. Although you would not be an employee of Gaggle, the Independent Contractors we are looking for will work with the Gaggle Safety Team and are able to make a positive impact in the lives of K-12 students across the world.
- Monitor and analyze student activity to identify potentially inappropriate usage including words, phrases, statements, and images
- Quickly and efficiently process content, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Process for a minimum of 10 hours each week
- Escalate questionable findings to Safety Team Representatives for additional in-depth analysis
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Experience using various computer and web-based applications in a professional environment
- Interest and enthusiasm for reading, as the position requires focused attention to reading various lengths of content
- Ability to delineate between potentially harmful student matters and harmless situations
- Experience with tech and social media culture
- Knowledge of trends and slang used by children and teenagers to help identify potential issues
- Ability to exhibit tolerance of and respect for others’ opinions
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to work independently; experience working as an Independent Contractor preferred
- Access to high-speed internet (satellite is not acceptable)
- Access to a computer, chromebook, or laptop
- Minimum operating system: Mac: El Capitan or above, Windows 7 or above, Fedora 28 or above
- Minimum processor required: Core i3+
- Experience with Slack or other business-based chat applications is a plus
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs we post, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home goals!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels![social_warfare]