by Chris Durst July 24, 2020
Westat is recruiting again for part-time at-home Telephone Data Collectors. No college required, no state hiring restrictions mentioned. These jobs don’t come up often, so you may want to apply or share quickly if interested.
Pay: According to several RRRebels who have applied, pay starts at $9/hr or your state’s minimum wage.
According to reviews on Glassdoor, pay is around $11.97/hr., but that isn’t official. Employee review ratings cluster between 2.9 and 3.7 stars out of 5.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“We are seeking at-home telephone data collectors to conduct phone interviews for a national Health study. Future project assignments will include a variety of subjects, such as education, the environment, health and transportation.
Candidates must be able to work 15-40 hours per week, during the following times: Evenings (6pm – 9pm ET), Late Evenings (9pm – 12am ET) Weekends: (Sat 10am – 6 pm ET; Sun 2pm – 9pm ET). Candidates must be able to work at least one weekend shift per week.
- be 18 or older
- provide voice sample
- have strong computer skills
- have at least 6 months prior survey data collection and/or inbound/outbound call center experience
Meet the following at-home equipment requirements at the time of application:
- A wired high speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic only) with a minimum of 10 mbps download and upload speeds
- Connection must be hard-wired with Ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
- Land line phone service
- Cell phones,Satellite internet/phone service – such as Dish Network
- Features (e.g. call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding etc.) must be disabled during working hours
- Long distance service is NOT required
- A corded telephone with a hands-free corded headset (cordless phones and Bluetooth headsets are not permitted).
- A reliable Windows – based (Windows 10 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
- Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
- Internet Explorer (IE) installed -most current non-beta version
- Up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be downloaded for free)
- In-home access to a printer
- A web cam with video and audio functionality that can be connected to your work computer (ability to set up a Skype account and install appropriate software for home work environment verifications)
- A quiet private and secure work space to conduct interviews (does not have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure during work hours, including training)
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like this, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be rocking your Rebellion soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!