by Chris Durst Oct. 14, 2020
General Dynamics has posted openings for Temporary Disaster Assistance Support Center Agents.
In this role, you will be helping disaster survivors find their way to the assistance they need in that difficult moment.
If you like helping people and have a High School diploma or GED, this may be the work from home job you’ve been looking for.
Pay is not listed in the job posting, however, General Dynamics is generally acknowledged to pay quite fairly.
No geographical limitations noted.
Here’s that the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Helping survivors of disasters. My team owns it.
Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is providing assistance for survivors of disasters and needs your help. Join us and help those impacted to navigate the system toward assistance.
Immediate Hiring – Work from Home as a Contact Center Agent
We are looking to hire agents to work from home for the GDIT Disaster Assistance Center.
Responsibilities entail responding to incoming calls and performing data entry for individuals and businesses in direct support of disaster assistance efforts. Bilingual candidates with Spanish language skills are encouraged to apply.
Due to ever-changing environmental factors related to this type of work, all candidates must have flexible work hours and be willing to work a variety of shifts. Training will be provided.
General Dynamics Information Technology is providing Disaster Assistance Support for citizens impacted by disasters. Candidates hired for this role will be assisting those impacted by disasters by researching issues, exploring answers, and providing information and alternative solutions through the use of various communication technologies including but not limited to telephones, e-mail, facsimile, postal mail, and the Internet. If you enjoy helping others, you will find this role to be both challenging and rewarding. This role is currently a telework opportunity and casual position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers incoming phone calls; provides accurate and appropriate information to callers.
- Places outbound customer service calls, as required by client.
- Completes call guides; gathers, enters and verifies required information.
- Attends telephone skills and program information training sessions; adheres to established levels of service.
- Adheres to established customer service and documentation standards within required time frames.
- Adheres to contact center scheduling, ensures telephone
- Flexible schedule: may require shift work, on call status
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Zero or more years of customer service or other telephone experience
- Experience working with fax machines, computer software, and telephone technology
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 8
Travel Required: None
Telecommuting Options: Telecommuting 100%”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!