by Chris Durst May 25, 2023
Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bonnie Raitt… and YOU! Here’s your chance to be part of the Fender family.
Fender Musical Instrument Corporation has posted a work from home Consumer Relations Representative job to their careers page.
The pay range is $13.24-$26.48/hr. The listing notes that “compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.”
No state hiring limitations are noted in the job listing.
They are currently hiring for coverage of their early AM shift (5am – 1pm AZ time).
Benefits include “medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together.”
Here’s what the company has posted about the job:
Fender Musical Instrument Corporation is located in Scottsdale, AZ. (“FMIC”) Within our Consumer Relations Team, we are focused on supporting customers, providing a best-in-class experience, and being the technical knowledge base for our customers. Our team’s mission is to be a part of a successful customer service team that empowers players at every stage worldwide.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
As a Consumer Relations Representative, you will be entrusted with the critical responsibility of providing direct communication and customer service support to FMIC consumers via phone, e-mail, web chat, and print mail. We’re looking for someone who knows our products inside and out and who can eat, breathe, and sing about guitars, amps, recording, and sound reinforcement all day long.
About the Job:
- Assist consumers in product selection and guide them into appropriate products with the goal of closing sales.
- Able to attract and sell to new customers based on product selection discussions and drive additional sales referrals for future prospecting.
- Fielding inquiries regarding product specifications, performance, application, pricing, and availability as well as providing historical information for all FMIC brands.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot possible product performance issues.
- Facilitate consumer product returns.
- Place orders in SAP for parts and replacement products required to resolve defective product issues.
- Track orders and shipments, also in SAP, and online through all carriers.
- Guide consumers, when necessary, to resources like Authorized Fender Warranty Service Centers for physical repairs.
- Coordinate with consumers, Fender dealers, authorized Fender service centers and Fender’s Factory Repair Department to resolve customer service and product performance issues/disputes involving defective and damaged product.
- Maintain a call issues and resolutions records database and refer consumers to a myriad of non-FMIC resources to assist with their product, aftermarket parts or informational needs.
- Assist with our online store. You’ll receive and respond to customer communications in all available media in a professional and courteous manner.
What you need:
- A minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent
- 2-years of experience in a musical instruments retail sales &/or customer service contact center role that includes being held accountable for call metrics, sales revenue and/or conversion rate metrics
- 2-years of experience selling products in a call center or direct to consumer environment. Call Center experience is preferred
- Extensive technical knowledge of all Fender product lines
- Experience with Digital recording products, DAWs, software programs, signal flow, etc.
- Experience in a live audio environment configuring speakers, mixers, and wiring for live performances
- Experience with CRM and web chat platforms in a call center environment preferred.
- SAP experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to explain more complex or technical information to a broad-based audience, possibly with less knowledge.
- Experience working with MS Office products – Excel, Word, and Outlook at a minimum
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build a rapport with a customer over the phone.
- Strong sense of team-orientation.
- Excellent detail-orientation and strong organizational skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to be a very driven self-starter that may be asked to work independently and remotely where applicable.
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Fender is required by law in certain jurisdictions to include a pay scale in the job posting for this position. “Pay scale” means the salary or hourly wage range that Fender reasonably expects to pay for this position; it is neither a promise nor a guarantee of the compensation that the successful candidate will receive. The pay scale for this position takes into account the wide range of factors that Fender considers in making compensation decisions, including, without limitation: skill set, experience, and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. If this is a remote position, the pay scale disclosed herein may be adjusted further based upon the applicable geographic differential associated with the location from which the successful candidate will work. Please note that it is not typical for a Fender employee to be at or near the top of the pay scale for their role – especially as a new hire – and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Subject to the foregoing, the current pay scale for this position is $13.24 – $26.48/hour.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!