by Chris Durst June 27, 2023
|As we write, this job listing is online and applications appear to be open. But jobs can fill at any time, so apply or share quickly if you’re interested! Sorry, but we have no role in the HR processes of other companies. If you encounter difficulties in the application process please contact them directly. Good luck in your hunt, and may you be working from home soon!
Wayfair, the online home goods giant, is hiring for their work from home Inbound Sales Rep team.
UPDATE: It looks like the company has received all the applications it needed and has deleted the job.
Never fear though, we’ve got you covered. This isn’t the only company that hires people to work from home. Find your ideal remote job on one of our other pages:
- Daily Jobs & Gigs page (where we post a screened list of remote opportunities Monday-Friday)
- Big List of Work from Home Jobs & Gigs (500+ companies that hire on on-going or regular basis)
While you’re here, follow us on Facebook to make sure you never miss out on any of the amazing jobs we post.
In this role you’d help customers find and buy the merchandise they’re looking for.
Pay is listed as $15/hr. base, plus uncapped monthly bonuses.
Wayfair provides “all necessary computer equipment.”
No state hiring limitations are listed. However, we do know they’ve had some restrictions in the past. We’ll update if we hear more.
Here’s what the company has posted about the openings:
**This is a sales role, not customer service**
We supply all equipment!
*Compensation: $15/hour + Uncapped Monthly Bonus
* Must Be Able To Work Saturdays & Sundays*
* May require late or evening shifts*
Wayfair (NYSE: W) is one of the world’s largest destinations for home goods. We are seeking a tech-savvy, self-motivated individual to join our Inbound Sales team! If you love to connect with customers and help them purchase amazing products, then Wayfair is the place for you to start a rewarding career!
What You’ll Do
- This is a virtual, inbound sales agent role and during your shift, you will handle inbound sales calls, (approximately 40 a day) cheerfully assisting customers in finding and purchasing their desired items.
- Your daily schedule is available in our scheduling system and is designed to allow maximum availability and responsiveness to our customers. Review your schedule at the beginning of your shift to be mindful of designated daily break times, lunch times, team meetings and training.
- Come to your shift ready for the day, clocked in, signed in and ready to offer a top notch customer buying experience.
- To fully assist a customer, you will contact product suppliers to pursue additional information that may not be available on the Wayfair website.
- Follow the designated Sales Process and call flow (probing questions, assuming the sale, building rapport etc.)
- Think critically about the customers needs and always look for ways to enhance their experience by upselling or cross selling items they may not initially consider that will support their main purchase.
- We are a data driven company and measure our sales success based on a set of operational metrics. Your compensation will also be tied to these metrics.
- It is important that you are able to stay focused on our customers, free from distractions, while working virtually for the entire shift.
- This role requires moderate comfort and skills with technology and multitasking; offering a top notch customer experience with each caller, staying up to date with process and policy changes via email or the chat channel, navigating connectivity challenges, unusual customer inquiries and more!
- We are a team and anticipate you’ll participate actively in engagement activities, selling contests and other elements of our culture.
- Peak season may require adjusted schedules and/or mandatory overtime.
What You’ll Need
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1+ years of sales experience, preferably in a call center/retail/virtual environment
- High School Diploma/GED, some college preferred
- Ability to perform in a virtual world, comfortable with technology, while maintaining a high level of problem solving skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills • Comfortable learning/using software applications required for the role
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position
- You are engaging and can leverage your personality to quickly connect with others
- You promote appropriate product solutions and influence customers to buy from Wayfair
- You are competitive, have a positive outlook and are open to change
- You solve problems by thinking critically and creatively
- You thrive while working in a fast-paced environment
- You are determined to always do the right thing
- Ability to maintain the required internet speed of at least 25 Mbps (download) and 5 (upload) to support voice traffic and HTTPS web traffic using a hard-wire
- Ethernet internet connection (no WiFi)
- A workspace that is free from noise or distraction (Wayfair provides all necessary computer equipment)
- Qualified applicants will be required to pass the candidate assessment to proceed with the interview process
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!