|>>> Follow RRR everywhere for the best work from home jobs & gigs!
by Chris Durst Nov. 7, 2023
|As we write, this job listing is online and applications appear to be open. But jobs can fill at any time, so apply or share quickly if you’re interested! Sorry, but we have no role in the HR processes of other companies. If you encounter difficulties in the application process please contact them directly. Good luck in your hunt, and may you be working from home soon!
Well, darn! It looks like the company has received all the applications it needed and has deleted the job post.
Never fear though, we’ve got you covered. Find your ideal remote job on one of our other pages:
- Daily Jobs & Gigs page (where we post a screened list of remote opportunities Monday-Friday)
- Big List of Work from Home Jobs & Gigs (500+ companies that hire on on-going or regular basis)
- Find ’em before the fill ’em! Our free course will give you all the tools you need to find postings for your ideal work from home job BEFORE they are flooded with applications!
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, has posted a work from home Claims Representative Associate job to their careers page.
After 8-10 weeks of paid, virtual training, you will, “…review, analyze and research complex health care claims to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations and process them for payment.”
They are hiring “from anywhere within the U.S.”
The company will provide a computer.
Pay for this position is not listed for all states, however, for the states with pay details, the range is $16.00 – $27.31 per hour.
“In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements).”
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Imagine this. Every day, in claims centers around the world, UnitedHealth Group is processing and resolving payment information for millions of transactions. Would you think we have some great technology? Would you think we know how to manage volume? You would be right. No one’s better. And no company has put together better teams of passionate, energetic and all out brilliant Claims Representatives. This is where you come in. We’ll look to you to maintain our reputation for service, accuracy, and a positive claims experience. We’ll back you with great training, support and opportunities.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:00am – 6:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 8-10 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm CST, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing, and adjusting claims.
- Analyze and identify trends and provide reports as necessary.
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence and quality standards
This is a challenging role that takes an ability to thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations and process them for payment. You’ll need to be comfortable navigating across various computer systems to locate critical information. Attention to detail is critical to ensure accuracy, which will impact the timely processing of the member’s claim.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work full-time between 6:00am – 6:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- 1+ years of experience of working in a production and/or quality based environment
- 1+ years of experience processing medical, dental, prescription or mental health claims
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck as you make your work from home plans a reality!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!