by Chris Durst March 13, 2023
UPDATE! Well, that went fast!! It looks like Navient has received all the applications it needed and has deleted the job.
Never fear though, we’ve got you covered. Navient isn’t the only company that hires people to work from home. Find your ideal remote job on one of our other pages:
- Daily Jobs & Gigs page (where we post a screened list of remote opportunities Monday-Friday)
- Big List of Work from Home Jobs & Gigs (500+ companies that hire on on-going or regular basis)
While you’re here, follow us on Facebook to make sure you never miss out on any of the amazing jobs we post.
Navient Corporation, a student loan servicer, has posted openings for work from home Collection Specialists.
Training for these full-time positions starts in April.
The company is hiring nationwide; no state hiring exclusions are noted. (If you live near their Muncie, IN location, the position would be a hybrid rather than fully remote.)
Pay starts at $16/hr.
Bonuses are also available. According to the company, “Collectors are eligible for up to $1000 for successfully completing the training curriculum and can be eligible for a $500 bonus for the second month of employment. Our entry level collectors earn on average over $687 per month in bonus.”
Navient also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The company provides all hardware and software.
Here’s what the company has to say about the openings:
Applicants who reside within 1 hour of our Muncie, IN office will be considered HYBRID employees, which requires you to report to the office 2-3 times per month or as needed. As a hybrid employee, your schedule will include a mixture of both Work-from-home and in-office scheduling. These days will be scheduled in advance by your supervisor.
All other new hires will work remotely.
WHAT WE DO:
Navient, (Nasdaq: NAVI) and subsidiary companies, provide technology-enabled education finance and business processing solutions that simplify complex programs and help millions of people achieve success. Our customer-focused, data-driven services deliver exceptional results for clients in education, healthcare, and government. Learn more at navient.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- The Collector is responsible for performing collection activities to recover losses from assigned accounts:
- Locate and communicate with debtors via phone and written notices to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements
- Resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary
- Perform skip tracing and contract observance functions to ensure compliance of all company, client, federal and state regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers as they navigate successful management and repayment of their
WORK SCHEDULE INFORMATION:
PAID TRAINING SCHEDULE:
- Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- Training period is 3 weeks and requires mandatory attendance
AFTER TRAINING SCHEDULE:
- Monday – Friday; 3 days from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 2 days from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- This position requires 1 Friday evening shift per month from noon to 9:00 p.m. and 4 hours one Saturday per month.
PAY + BENEFITS:
- The compensation for this role is $16.00/hr+ monthly bonus potential + full benefits package.
- Collectors are eligible for up to $1000 for successfully completing the training curriculum and can be eligible for a $500 bonus for the second month of employment. Our entry level collectors earn on average over $687 per month in bonus.
- Candidates fluent in English and Spanishwill also be eligible for a bilingual differential of $1/hrafter successfully completing training and the required assessment.
- As a Collection Specialist, BENEFITS willstart the 1st of the month after you are hired/enrolled!
Joining our team provides:
- Paid training
- Eligibility for Monthly Performance Bonus
- 3 weeks of PTO (increases to 4 weeks after just 1 year of service)
- Excellent Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Business Casual Environment
OFFICE AND TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS:
Navient will provide all hardware and software. Qualified candidates must secure the following to successfully execute job responsibilities:
- Reliable high-speed internet– 100mbps download/ 10 upload speed minimum
- Private workspace or home office free from distractions
- Applicants who reside within 1 hour of our Muncie, IN office will be considered hybrid employees, which requires you to report to the office 2-3 times per month or as needed. As a hybrid employee, your schedule will include a mixture of both Work-from-home and in-office scheduling. These days will be scheduled in advance by your supervisor. All other new hires will work remotely.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six months of progressive work experience or a 2 year college degree
- PC skills and experience in a Windows environment (including familiarity with using a mouse)
- Must be able to obtain required License for collecting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Good mathematical skills including calculator skills
- Ability to work independently while being a team player and meet aggressive goals.
- Negotiation, counseling and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn company collections computer and phone system
- Must be results-oriented and persistent when faced with obstacles.
- Must be able to handle a wide range of calls from borrowers, attorneys, and third parties.
- Previous sales, call center, or customer service representative experience
- ACA certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
CLICK HERE for full detail and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!