UPDATE: It looks like Trustmark has received all of the applications they need at this time. The position has been closed.
by Chris Durst May 19, 2021
Trustmark Health Benefits has posted a work from home Customer Service Representative opening to their careers page.
In this role, you’d be “responsible for providing quality service by accurately and respectfully responding to telephone, written and electronic inquiries from employees/members, providers and clients.”
This is a full-time, flexible 37.5 hour work week position, with hours worked between 8am and 6pm EST.
“The pay range is $18.00 – $20.00/hr. (Est.) + Bonus, depending on candidate skillset, work experience, education and geographic location,” the company says.
The company also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Trustmark receives a 3.8 out of 5 stars from current and previous employees on Glassdoor.
Here’s what Trustmark has posted about this opportunity:
“For more than four decades, Trustmark Health Benefits has crafted integrated, flexible, and tailored employer health plan designs that seamlessly meet specific business needs and delight members. Each of our offices around the country is managed locally, by industry veterans who understand the dynamics of the markets they serve. Our responsive and empathetic service teams provide the highest level of support for employers and members. Our local expertise and service represents our national strength. We are an independently operated subsidiary of Trustmark Mutual Holding Company.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing quality service by accurately and respectfully responding to telephone, written and electronic inquiries from employees/members, providers and clients. Inquiries include a variety of topics such as benefits, eligibility, claim status, claim disposition and so on. As a Customer Service Representative, you will have the ability to work from home and support clients in the Central and Eastern time zones.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Respond to telephone, written and electronic inquiries from employees/members, providers, clients and other interested parties using system notes, plan documents and booklets, benefit reference documents, Claim Reference Manuals and claims-related memoranda.
- Treat all inquiries professionally and respectfully following Health Benefits guidelines
- Appropriately refer or escalate calls based on customer service procedures and guidelines.
- Research inquiries and respond appropriately.
- Appropriately refer unresolved inquiries or inquiries requiring further action to the appropriate individual, e.g. Analyst, Corrections, Senior, and Supervisor/Manager.
- Follow-up regularly on outstanding issues to ensure timely resolution and client satisfaction.
- Thoroughly and accurately document all inquiries using PowerSTEPP and Family Files following Health Benefits guidelines.
- Communicate via telephone, email, electronic messaging, fax, or written letter with employees/members, providers of service, clients and/or other insurance carriers to ensure proper claim processing and issue resolution.
- Initiate outgoing calls or other service projects as assigned.
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- Previous customer service experience is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively with team members, employees/members, providers, and clients
- Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form.
- Flexible; open to continued process improvement
- Ability to learn new/proprietary systems, to adapt to various system platforms, and to effectively use MS Excel/Word.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced call center is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible 37.5 hr. work week with a requirement to work between the hours of 8 am – 6 pm EST.
- Self-Funded Insurance/Benefits and/or TPA experience a plus.
- Knowledge of medical procedure, diagnosis coding and medical terminology preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Familiarity with Summary Plan Documents (SPDs)/Insurance Booklets or other benefit descriptive tools a plus.
Come join Trustmark! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills, but will enhance them as well. Trustmark benefits include medical/dental/life insurance, very generous 401(k) plan, wellness initiatives and much more!
Pay Range: $18.00 – $20.00/hr. (Est.) + Bonus. Candidate skillset, work experience, education and geographic location will be taken into consideration when determining salary offered.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- FSA and HSA
- Basic Life Insurance & Supplemental Life
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders
- Wellness Program”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!