by Chris Durst Oct. 7, 2021
Cigna is a global health service and insurance company with a long history of hiring home-based employees. Currently, the company has a listing for Work from Home Customer Advocates.
College is not required, however, you should have 1+ years of customer service experience, and a solid understanding of Microsoft Office.
They appear to be hiring in all states EXCEPT Colorado.
Pay is not mentioned in the job posting, however, Glassdoor puts it in the “$32,307 – $44,795 per year” range. We have not confirmed this salary with the company.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Do like helping others? Always listen first and respond with empathy. Own the customer experience. Be a part of something greater than yourself. Are you ready for a role that utilizes your caring nature and quick-thinking skills to help people? How about a role that makes you feel like you are making an impact every single day? Alright, let’s do this…First things first, we’re a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. But we don’t just care about your well-being, we care about your career health too. That’s why when you work with us, you can count on a different kind of career – you’ll make a difference, learn a ton, and change the way people think about health insurance.
- Customer Advocates help our 90+ million customers make the most out of their Cigna benefits. Here’s a little more about what you’ll do:
- Help clients, customers and health care providers understand our business a little better. Topics like determination of payments and claims related to medical and dental procedures and office and hospital visit costs are common questions.
- Make it easy for customers to work with us. Take ownership of their issues and do your best to resolve them over the phone the first time, every time.
- Be an advocate for health and wellness. Educate customers on disease management programs and make recommendations on the right healthy living pro
- grams for their needs.
- Enjoy regular development opportunities and mentorship as you train with the best team in the industry. We offer extensive, hands-on training and guided on-the-job training to ensure you’re successful here. (And enjoy your job too!)
What you should have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; high level capacity to multitask independently and on a computer
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology a PLUS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management focus
**This role is Work At Home which allows most work to be performed at home. Employees must be fully vaccinated if they choose to come onsite.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!