by Chris Durst Oct. 7, 2021
If you have a HS diploma or GED and you’d like to work from home for a larger company, Sedgwick — which specializes in processing insurance claims — is hiring Service Center Specialists.
No college required. No state hiring restrictions mentioned.
The pay rate isn’t noted in this listing. But the company generally pays “in the $13/hr. range” for these types of positions.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist customer service representatives in expediting the application by providing claims general information; to track trends; to investigate client feedback both internally and externally; and to assist in developing corrective/preventative action.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracks trends, investigates client feedback both internally and externally, and assists in developing corrective/preventative action.
- Participates in cross-functional teams as required.
- Assists in gathering/distribution of internal/external customer/product surveys.
- Directs workflow and workload assignments for the team.
- Communicates claims process with claimant and client either by phone and/or written correspondence.
- Informs claimants of documentation required to process their claim, the required time frames, payment information and claim status either by phone, written correspondence and/or claims system.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the customer service team.
- Acts as a customer liaison by assisting the customer with problem resolution related to the application process and service; maintains professional client relationships.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Directs customer calls to the appropriate person.
- Contributes to achieving client driven performance objectives and other service standards.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program.
Education & Licensing
- HS diploma or GED required. Associate degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Two (2) years call center or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
- Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
- Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!