by Chris Durst May 23, 2023
Humana has posted a new opening for work from home Customer Service Reps to work on a contract with the US Department of Defense.
Update – Boy, that went fast. It looks like the company has received all the applications it needed and has deleted the listing. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page.
Applicants must be US citizens living in the United States and are required to successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (not as complex as it may sound – you can Google the particulars).
Training classes begin on July 17th and July 31st.
Benefits start on your first day.
The pay rate is not noted in the job listing, however, Glassdoor places it at about $18 per hour. We have not confirmed this estimate with the employer.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
If you are a problem solver, resourceful, and looking to make a difference for your family as well as others we want you on our team. Help us deliver exceptional experiences to our members as a Work from Home Beneficiary Customer Service Representative (BSR).
What you will do:
- Deliver a consistent customer experience by providing efficient and timely resolutions to our Tricare beneficiaries & providers
- Act as customer advocate by resolving complex concerns in an accurate and timely fashion
- Demonstrate ability to make good business decisions aligned with our Humana values
- Prioritize workload to continuously answer incoming calls and maintain established schedules
Perks & Benefits
- Full Benefits effective Day 1 of employment
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Opportunity
- Amazing PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Robust 401K plan through Charles Schwab
- Career Mobility
- Eligibility for associate wellness and rewards program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Refinancing
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. Citizenship for this role
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP – Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Must be flexible and able to work an 8 hour shift sometime between the hours of 8:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m. EST no matter the time zone that you reside
- 2 years or more of work experience in a professional, customer service-driven environment
- High level of confidence using technology with ability to navigate multiple screens or web browsers at one time
- Demonstrated ownership to problem-solve independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
- Experience in healthcare, military or managed care environment
- Call Center Experience
- College degree (Associate’s or Bachelor’s) highly preferred
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices – formal training or experience
Work Days/Hours: After Training the expectation is to work Monday – Friday; must be able to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST. No matter the time zone that you reside in.
Training: 6-8 weeks 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST with no time off during training. Shifts will be assigned during the time offer is extended.
Training Start Date: July 17th and July 31st 2023
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck as you make your work from home plans a reality!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!