by Chris Durst Feb. 7, 2024
|As we write, this job listing is online and applications appear to be open. But jobs can fill at any time, so apply or share quickly if you’re interested! Sorry, but we have no role in the HR processes of other companies. If you encounter difficulties in the application process please contact them directly. Good luck in your hunt, and may you be working from home soon!
NOTE: These roles often fill quickly – apply now!
Update – GRRR, this one did fill fast. It looks like the company received all the applications it needed and has deleted the listing. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs and Gigs page. For alerts on our job postings, join our free Telegram channel!
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, has posted a work from home Patient Service Representative (Telephonic).
These positions are open to applicants from the United States – nationwide, no state hiring exclusions are noted.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday position that will kick off with a 4-week paid training program – conducted virtually.
Pay for this position is not listed for all states, however, for the states with pay details, the range is $16.54 – $32.55 per hour.
Optum offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Here’s an excerpt from the Optum job post:
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Working in an outbound call center environment under supervision of the call center manager. This position is responsible for making outbound calls and contacting patients to schedule clinical appointments. Will also handle inbound calls from patients, patient representatives, providers, and other medical staff. This individual provides customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers, handle patient inquiries and requests while strictly adhering to established protocols and scripting. When appropriate, refers clinical inquiries/ requests and complaints to clinic staff for intervention and resolution.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 9:00am – 6:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
We offer 4 weeks of on-the-job training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm EST, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Work effectively every day to connect patients with care.
- Adhere to daily schedules and assignments.
- Primarily make outbound calls but occasionally help manage the inbound call que from patients, patient representatives, providers and other medical staff, while strictly adhering to established protocols and scripting.
- Assist callers with general inquiries including, but not limited to, appointment scheduling, general facility and provider information, general requests, medical records request, and issue resolution
- Verify and update patient information in the clinical information system, EMR, and/or portal.
- Contact patients to communicate upcoming gap closure campaign.
- Assist patients with identification of and connectivity to community and program resources to assist with non-medical needs.
- Document thoroughly all calls and actions taken within core systems.
- As appropriate, assign electronic tasks to clinic staff to intervene with medically related inquiries and requests and to address concerns.
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of moderately complex activities.
- Demonstrates great depth of knowledge/skills in own function.
- May act as a technical resource to others in own function.
- Proactively identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Solves moderately complex problems on own engaging team members as appropriate.
- Escalates barriers to manager immediately.
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives.
- May coordinate work of other team members.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Assist patient/member with scheduling TeleHealth appointments via Secure Video, Mend and/or MyTeamHealth
- Walking patients through Telemed visit (how to schedule, what to expect, how does it work)
- Assist patient with downloading the SecureVideo application
- While on the phone with the patient, conduct a connectivity test app to ensure camera and voice are working properly
- Not all devices are compatible
- Assist with troubleshooting
- Schedule patients for curbside events held at doctor’s office or WellMed clinic.
- Coordinate services for patients such as tablet drop off.
- Proficient in excel and using excel spreadsheets to record and track call data.
- Assist patient/member with scheduling PCP appointment or Urgent Care (MedExpress) appointments if TeleHealth is not viable.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Suite
- Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs / applications
- Ability to work our normal business hours of 9:00am – 6:00pm EST, Monday – Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime or weekends based on business needs
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Intermediate Level of experience in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Familiarity with managed care
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced call center environment
- Ability to adhere to daily schedules and duties
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to effectively de-escalate and resolve issues
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent Customer Service voice and demeanor
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent demonstration of caring and compassion
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Hawaii / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.54 – $32.55 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
HOW TO APPLY
(Friendly reminder, Rat Race Rebellion doesn’t play a role in the applications or hiring processes for jobs we’ve posted to our site. We’re a job board and blog.)
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, join our free Telegram channel. Good luck as you make your work from home plans a reality!