by Chris Durst Feb. 7, 2024
|As we write, this job listing is online and applications appear to be open. But jobs can fill at any time, so apply or share quickly if you’re interested! Sorry, but we have no role in the HR processes of other companies. If you encounter difficulties in the application process please contact them directly. Good luck in your hunt, and may you be working from home soon!
Pearson, a well-known brand in education, has posted openings for Professional Temporary Scorers. There are either FIXED or FLEXIBLE schedules available.
In this role, you would “play a crucial role in evaluating and assessing educational content and assessments, ensuring that students receive fair, accurate, and unbiased evaluations.”
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Teaching experience is preferred but not required.
A computer isn’t provided, so be sure to look over their minimum system requirements before applying!
The rate of pay isn’t included in the job post. Glassdoor puts it in the $17-$26/hr. range, but that’s not official.
Here’s what Pearson has posted about the job (this description was excerpted from the “flexible job” description):
Pearson, a global leader in education, is seeking dedicated individuals to join our team as Professional Temporary Scorers. As a scorer, you will play a crucial role in evaluating and assessing educational content and assessments, ensuring that students receive fair, accurate, and unbiased evaluations. This temporary position offers an opportunity to contribute to the educational assessment process and gain valuable experience working with a renowned educational organization.
- Evaluate and score student responses to educational assessments, adhering to scoring guidelines and rubrics.
- Provide constructive feedback and comments to help students understand their performance and improve.
- Maintain high-quality standards in scoring, ensuring consistency and accuracy in the evaluation process.
- Participate in regular training and calibration sessions to enhance scoring skills.
- Meet or exceed established scoring productivity and quality targets.
- Adhere to project schedules and deadlines.
- Collaborate effectively with team members and team leaders to address questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Communicate any technical issues or inconsistencies to ensure prompt resolution.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and training opportunities to stay current with scoring guidelines and procedures.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain a confidential work environment.
- Availability to work between 20 – 40 hours per week, with a flexible schedule
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Previous scoring experience is a plus.
- To ensure smooth operations and uphold security standards, scorers must have access to the following:
- A personal computer that meets the requirements of the scoring system.
- Reliable internet service.
- For security reasons, scorers may not use shared office computers or work from institutional or public computer labs.
- Training and scoring activities must take place within the United States or Puerto Rico.
Home scorers must comply with the following minimal system requirements:
- Windows: 10 or newer
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- A monitor capable of a screen resolution above 1024 x 768.
- Some projects may require the ability to play audio.
- At least 5 Mbps of download speed and 1.5 Mbps of upload speed.
- Note: We currently do not support mobile operating systems (Android, Apple iOS, Chrome, and Windows RT).
Educational Impact: Contribute to the educational assessment process and help students receive fair and accurate evaluations.
Professional Growth: Gain valuable experience working with a respected leader in the education industry.
Flexible Work: Temporary positions allow for a flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home.
If you have a passion for contributing to the assessment and development of educational content, we encourage you to apply for the role of Professional Temporary Scorer at Pearson. Join us in our mission to improve learning outcomes and support students worldwide in achieving their educational goals.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, veteran status, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
(Friendly reminder, Rat Race Rebellion doesn’t play a role in the applications or hiring processes for jobs we’ve posted to our site. We’re a job board and blog.)
CLICK here for FIXED HOURS or FLEXIBLE HOURS for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, join our free Telegram channel. Good luck as you make your work from home plans a reality!