by Chris Durst June 16, 2020
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) needs Customer Service Reps to handle incoming phone calls from people who have questions about their account, tax-filing and Covid-19 stimulus questions.
They’re recruiting nationwide, and pay is $13.50/hr., per RRRebel Jennifer L., who works there. (Thanks, Jennifer!)
MAXIMUS is a company that partners with state, federal, and local governments, and they are hiring for these roles. They are seeking both ENGLISH and SPANISH-ENGLISH bilingual speakers for these positions.
No college required, but you do have to have at least 6 months of customer service experience.
Here’s what the company has to say about this opportunity:
“MAXIMUS is currently looking for remote Customer Service Representatives (CSR) to support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Call Center. CSRs in this position will provide knowledgeable responses to telephone inquiries regarding account, tax-filing and Covid-19 stimulus questions. To prepare you for this role, MAXIMUS provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay rate is based on location
- The opportunity to work from the comfort of your home
- Leadership support to ensure success
Job Description Summary
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone, recording consistent problem areas – may respond to e-mail inquiries
- Customer service is the primary function
- Calls are basic and routine
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting
- May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
- Must be able to speak and read English fluently
- Spanish fluency is desirable
- Must be able to pass both criminal background check and IRS tax review due to the sensitive nature of this work
Home Office Requirements:
- Access to Wi-Fi, LAN (wired connection/ethernet) or both
- Private, secure workspace
- Personal computer & headset with microphone”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page and our BIG LIST of work from home jobs. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!