by Chris Durst June 7, 2021
If you’re looking for a gig that gets you out of the house, Redbox is hiring. If you see Redbox movie kiosks in your area, you may wonder who maintains them. Here’s the answer — local Field Support Reps and Field Service Technicians (kiosk tech troubleshooters) make sure customers get a good self-serve experience. For these jobs, you’ll need a reliable vehicle for local travel.
Average base pay is $16/hr. per Glassdoor, but that’s not official. Jobs are open in various metro areas, and new ones open up all the time. So if you don’t see something today that fits, be sure to bookmark their page and check back regularly.
Here’s what Redbox has to say about the Merchandiser/Field Rep positions:
You could say Field Operations are the magicians of Redbox. They’re the energetic, multi-tasking dynamos who make sure Redbox kiosks are always filled and working flawlessly.
At Redbox we’re passionate about our products, and we LOVE our customers! Providing them with an exceptional experience is something we strive to do every day. If you share our love for customers and prefer to not be confined to a desk, you might love being a Field Support Representative. You’ll work independently throughout the day (in partnership with your manager) to ensure our customers are taken care of and company goals are met. You will have the opportunity to be the face of Redbox and its clients to our customers and will gain valuable knowledge and experience to grow your career.
You’ll use your personal vehicle to maintain an assigned merchandising route, assisting with the maintenance, support and upkeep of Redbox and clients’ kiosks within an assigned market. You will work in an environment where route, daily tasks and weather conditions can change on a regular basis. You must also be able to store at least 50 cubic feet of company merchandise such as product boxes, marketing materials and cleaning supplies within your personal vehicle and residence.
In this job, we pay you to commute to your kiosks, so it’s important that you live within a reasonable commute from the territory.
- Using personal vehicle, travels to assigned kiosks and collects products and restocks as needed. Keeps daily record of product distributed and removed from each machine (mileage reimbursement provided for miles driven for work tasks and pre-determined routes)
- Follows a specifically designed daily merchandising route including regular visits to a warehouse location
- Provides quality customer service through regular interaction and communication with co-workers, external customers, external contractors, store owners/managers and employees
- Communicates status of kiosks and customer accounts to Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS)
- Secures all Redbox merchandise and ensures kiosks are properly locked, clean and in proper working order
- Loads and unloads product from automobile, residence and warehouse
- Other warehouse duties as assigned including shipping/receiving of product
Education & Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a customer facing position required
- 1+ years of computer experience required (internet, email, and using Microsoft Word & Excel)
- Minimum 1 year of merchandising or field operations experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates strong organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions including extreme weather
- Ability to use small hand tools such as a screwdriver, pliers, cutter, hex wrench or others deemed necessary to do the job
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures, safety policies, and company protocols
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and valid car insurance
- Must have an excellent driving record
- Must have the ability to store at least 50 cubic feet of company merchandise within personal vehicle and residence
- Must have daily access to a computer with Internet connection in order to access route instructions, enter hours worked, and use company email
We conduct MVR, drug screen and background checks
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and lift up to 20 lbs. above shoulders frequently throughout the workday
- Ability to bend, kneel, push, pull, stand, and climb a step stool on a regular basis throughout the workday
To go to the jobs, click here. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!