by Chris Durst Nov. 8, 2022
SeatGeek is looking for Work from Home Customer Service – Event Experts to help their customers via phone, email, and chat.
Pay is $19/hr., plus $120 per month to spend on live events. Benefits overall appear to be broad. No state hiring restrictions are mentioned.
There are openings in multiple shifts.
Requirements include customer service experience and the ability to help sometimes-flustered people navigate the SeatGeek interface positively.
Here’s what the company has posted about the openings:
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
As a member of our Customer Experience (CX) team, you’ll be the voice of SeatGeek to our customers. You’ll resolve customer issues through a high volume of customer contacts (phone, email, and chat) and stay in the know about SeatGeek’s latest features, our Enterprise clients, and SeatGeek ticketed events. We are passionate about providing ridiculously good customer service, and our Event Experts are some of the best in the industry. The Customer Experience team assists our users 7 days a week, 365 days a year, so some holiday work will be required. You must be able to work one of the following 8 hour shifts: either a 9am-5pm ET, 12pm-8pm PT, or 2pm-10pm PT schedule.
What you’ll do
- Provide specialized support for our customers through email, chat, and notably SeatGeek Enterprise customer phone support, with availability to work on the weekends
- Use metrics and consumer insight to help make SeatGeek better, and work with your managers to evaluate your performance amongst your peers and against success benchmarks
- Work daily with tools like Talkdesk, Zendesk, our internal admin, Slack, Google business tools, Github, Looker, Jira, and more
- Go above and beyond for our customers
- Attend 1 on 1 and group strategy meetings weekly
- As you become an expert in first point of contact support at SeatGeek, you will earn the ability to phase more project work into your job, handling more specialized and escalated customer contacts, and will be entrusted to use your time to make changes to benefit CX and SG as a whole
What you have
- Love for live events and an understanding that purchasing tickets to see your favorite band is not the same as buying a stapler – You can empathize with SeatGeek customers
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and experience working in Customer Service – Experience at a tech startup or high-volume company is a plus
- Understanding of the value of using data to make intelligent decisions and compelling arguments – You aren’t intimidated by numbers
- Strong communication skills and the ability carry on a conversation with anyone
- Passion for technology and customer experiences
- Ability to keep a level head- You don’t get easily flustered
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt to seasonality and tech innovation- You’re flexible when it comes to adjusting your responsibilities based on the needs of the business
- Reliable, high-speed internet (at least 35 Mbps, 50+ Mbps strongly preferred)
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary for this role is $19/hr. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!