by Chris Durst Jan. 26, 2022
Many people don’t know it, but Disney also hires work at home employees. (Yes, these are legitimate work from home jobs, not scams. The jobs are listed on Disney’s site.) Right now, they’re advertising openings for Work from Home Guest Services Representatives. You’ll be taking inbound calls and emails to help customers of Disney Stores.
Currently, they are hiring in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON’T LIVE IN ONE OF THE HIRING AREAS!
Here’s what the company has posted about these opportunities:
“How would you like to be part of the magic right from the comfort of your own home? The magic of storytelling begins with you when you join the dedicated Guest Services team with ShopDisney. This role will allow you to engage with guests in a work-from-home opportunity to join Disney in creating Magical Moments for guests of all ages.
You would be assigned to a team whose schedule is approximately 28 hours each week, consisting of 4 weekday shifts AND a weekend shift. Your hours could include holidays, evenings and call-in shifts and may increase during busy times of the year.
The pay rate for this opportunity is $12 per hour and includes perks and benefits to help you live your best life including health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
Positions are currently available in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
In this part-time Guest Services role, you will support our online and in-store shoppers of Disney Merchandise. You will use vast online resources and training to resolve customer inquiries, all while contributing to an environment that provides guests with an entertaining and dynamic experience. This is your opportunity to find solutions that best meet our guests needs each time they connect with the shopDisney Contact Center.
On any given day, as a Guest Services Representative, you might:
- Use your impeccable guest service skills to assist inbound queries through calls, chat, social media or email
- Contact guests through outbound calls
- Resolve issues affecting guests’ experiences
- Channel escalated issues to appropriate supervisors/managers
- Bring stories to life with scripted and non-scripted guest-engagement statements
- Ask open-ended questions to assess guest needs and make appropriate recommendations and resolutions
- Treat all guests and Cast Members with respect and contribute to a positive work environment
- Maintain Disney brand standards in Guest Service
- Uphold company policies per the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Code of Business Conduct
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- Guest Service experience demonstrating focused engagement over the phone and by email
- Listen intently, defuse/stay calm to quickly resolve inquiries
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Proficient technical knowledge with the ability to use multiple platforms
- Quiet dedicated space to work from in your home
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Dedicated access to a hard wired, high speed internet connection, utilizing an Ethernet cable or similar
- Minimum 1 year working in a structured environment
- Experience in contact center or retail or service industry
- Experience in online shopping and retail
It would be great if you also had experience with:
- Bilingual language skills in: English/French, English/German, English/Italian, and English/Spanish (Spain). English/Spanish (Latin America), not required
- High School Diploma
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!